Luke was gone from thursday to sunday on a work golf trip to Sunriver oregon. So it was just me and the kids on my birthday. We headed out to the barn so Josie could ride and have a lesson on Lady. She is doing really well and her teacher, Lexi, told me that she is a fast learner and asks a lot of questions. Landon really wanted a turn too so Lexi lead him around on Lady a couple of times.
I was laughing at his 'cowboy' look...He insisted on wearing his 'swishy pants'...which look so great with his sisters faded pink cowboy boots and his awesome spiky bike helmet!
Rudy and Carli bought me an ice cream cake and invited us over for dessert for my b day which was nice.
Friday was Josie's Last day of 2nd Grade. I have started a tradition that I take a photo of her in the same spot wearing the same outfit on the first and last day of school...she has really grown this year and is turning into a little girl now:)...
She passed the 2nd grade! thank goodness:)....here she is with her official certificate.
Friday after josie got out of school we headed to Ellensburg to visit my parents for the weekend. Saturday we took the kids to the Farmers Market. The kids go every year and always love to have their faces painted. Landon chose a T-rex just like last year.
He was so excited!...Until he wanted a fun animal balloon made for him but the line was outrageously long.....so he sat on the curb and pouted.
He was pouting in the car so I tried to take a pic of him and all he did was try to hit the phone out of my hand:)
I might have some green t rex paint on my seatbelt!
Josie was a much better sport!
After the market my parents took me out to lunch for my birthday. Their is a new restaurant in Ellensburg called The Porch. It was delicious! We went home and rode horses and enjoyed the sunshine.
Josie and my mom.
My parents rode with josie all over the place. Josie was in 7th heaven. landon was not as interested and he was on meltdown #3 at that point so he was in the house having some 'quiet time'.
Josie rode bareback, with just a bareback pad. She loves it. Here she is on Norman. She loves norman:)
After horseback riding and some quiet time....we had popcicles on the porch. Landon's t-rex was about done after tears and rubbing:)
Sunday we went for a bike ride to mari and harry's house to see some baby horses that were born.
After mari and Harry's we rode around for a bit.
Josie Loves to ride the 3 wheeler...which is what I rode when I was little...and Landon Loves being pulled behind in the wagon...Both the kids are at such fun ages right now. I love how they are old enough to do more and more things with us and play together..not always getting along, but for the most part they love each other.
We came home Sunday night and luke also came home from his golf trip. He had a fun time. This morning I took Josie to a soccer practice that they offer in the summer. It was not a huge turnout but josie had fun playing with her friend Emma, who we picked up on the way and brought her:) Soccer practice is kind of random this summer and today was one of the random practices.
After soccer practice we went to the mall to get landon some new shoes. His current shoes are literally falling apart. We went to the VANS store, because that's where they usually have 'cool shoes' for landon. They had some really cool designs. One pair even had glow in the dark sharks on them...Landon was dead set on the shoes with flames....possibly the most hideous shoes I have ever seen...I tried to convince him to pick the shoes that I LIKED...but remembered that he is 4 and I should put my mom opinions away and let him decide what he liked....Plus they were on sale so that was a bonus. So here are is 'super fast' new shoes....Holy Flames!!
Luke's Parents had given me some birthday money so while we were at the mall I used it and bought a food processor, a spiralizer and some cool Popsicle holders that you can make your own Popsicles in. I usually am not a cook and had never even used a food processor until last week when I borrowed one from carli. I have been doing a new type of eating called Clean Eating and I love it. The only problem (for me) is that you have to make a lot of your food from scratch so I needed some new kitchen utensils. My mom told me about the spiralizer and we used it at her house this weekend. You can made 'noodles' out of zucchini, cucumbers, potatoes or any type of vegi and there are tons of healthy recipes to make. In the last 2 weeks I have lost 6 pounds feel great and have no more bloating in my stomach.
So today I made home made Oat balls, Bean burgers and then the kids and I made fruit smoothie Popsicle's.
they were a hit!
I know I'm getting old when for my birthday I'm asking for kitchen tools and I asked for new rubber floor mats for my new car from my parents. Ha Ha...Now that we are at a barn a lot my car keeps getting dirty so I wanted some new rubber mats to help keep it clean. they will also be great in the winter! Thanks mom and dad for a great weekend and my floor mats! Thanks to everyone who wished me a happy birthday and sent cards and gifts!! Being 37 is not so bad:)
2 comments:
I got a spiralizer too! If you get any good recipes or your mom suggests any pass them on to me please! Happy Birthday again from me:) We also need to plan a weekend together in the fall!!!
Happy late birthday! I love the flame shoes! He's got great taste...lol. Josie is looking more and more like her dad! Those popcicles look so good!
Post a Comment