Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Sunriver

This year the farmer planted peas all around our house. Landon loves to go out into the field to pick and eat them.


Thursday after work we packed up and headed off on the almost 8 hour trip to Sunriver Oregon.  It has become a yearly get together for us with Luke's family. Each year as the kids get older the car rides get a little easier. Josie is our car sleeper, while landon hates to sleep in the car and will do anything to avoid it:) Here is landon...wide awake! with Josie passed out next to him:)
We arrived around 12:30 in the morning and all went to sleep! The kids had a great time, bike riding, swimming and playing with the new toys that grandpa and grandma bought.



 The kids all got 'drones'. they fly and hover over things. Landon was a little scared of his at first, but soon learned how to work it and ended up loving it.
 The kids got matching outfits too.
 Grandma always makes Orange rolls with the kids.
 Landon Loves smith and follows him everywhere...here they are taking a rest after a long day.
Last year lisa and I ran a 5k during the pacific crest trail race that goes on each year this weekend. We decided to kick it up a notch this year and do the 10k. Tatum, Smith, and Josie did the mile run and Landon did the 1/2 mile run with luke:)

 The kids took their stretching very seriously:)
 before the race.



 Landon was very excited and couldn't wait to claim his medal.


 I wasn't sure if josie would be crying when she crossed the finish line or happy. She was not to excited for the race but I think her cousins helped motivate her:) When she crossed the finish line she had the biggest smile and threw her arms up in the air!...If you look close you can see her little arms going straight up.
 Lisa and I finished our 10K after the kids races. Between the weather and our failing 'old' body's we decided to walk the race:)...although we did run the last .2 miles...Ha Ha...we figured we would at least run across the finish line!
 All the medals!!


 smith came in 6th place!
After the race we went to the deschutes brewery tent for a free beer and the kids got free water bottles.
One evening we went to the Main  Lodge where the kids played Croquet, cornhole and ran around in the rain of a thunderstorm.



 Next to the water park they have a dry slide...the kids love it.

 The kids with grandpa and grandma.


 We had a great time and drove home yesterday...Our heat pump for the upstairs is broken so with the recent record breaking temperatures. our house was very hot when we got home. Luke left for Montana and the kids and I went to the basement and hung out for the evening. This morning the upstairs cooled off to 76 degrees So I opened up the french doors and let in some fresh air. I love this time of year with how green the fields are.
The Temps are supposed to stay in the 90s for the next two weeks! We are headed to the lake on thursday for the 4th of july. I am off of work this week so I get to hang with the kids and try and relax a little. I think our A/C is getting fixed next week...at least I'm hoping:)

No comments: