Monday, December 14, 2015

Ski Season has Begun....

Saturday after we returned from Mexico we headed up to the mountain...It was the first time out this season. Josie got a new Team Jacket for her ski racing team. She was very excited.
 I figured that because landon was such a rockstar skier last year that I would just take him down the bunny hill to start with, not the 'baby hill' as landon calls it. Luke headed up the 'big hill' with Josie.
 As soon as I let Landon go down the hill it was like he had never skied before! He was falling backwards and forwards, sideways and half way down the hill he was crying and telling me that he didn't want to be a skier. I was in a full sweat trying to keep helping him up after falling and I think I had a meltdown halfway down the mountain as well.  We got on the chair lift and had some time to chat. he said that he would try again:)
 By the end of the 2nd run, his little legs finally remembered how to ski! He then asked if we could do 6 more runs and that he loved skiing again:)
 Meanwhile...Up on the big hill, Josie had a meltdown with luke. It was foggy and she was getting used to her new ski's. The day started out a bit rough. Luke took her in for hot chocolate and a talk and then I took a couple of runs with her. by the end of the day she was in a full tuck, headed straight down the mountain and I couldn't keep up with her:)

 This is the back of her team jacket. Sars is the name of her race team. it stands for Schweitzer alpine racing school.
 After a long day that started with meltdowns and tears....It ended in smiles and fun!

Saturday night we went out to dinner for our friend Rudy's birthday. His sister watched all the kids at our house while we went out.


Sunday we got our Christmas tree and decorated it.
 Monday evening Josie had her third grade Christmas concert.

 Josie and Isabel.
 Josie with Emma.
Friday we were able to move into our condo at Schweitzer. It is really nice and only 2 minutes from the lifts. There is a free shuttle that picks you up and drops you off so we don't have to pay to park or drive to the resort. Saturday Josie's race team practice started. She was so excited because her coach is Jimmy. Jimmy was one of her coaches last year and was her favorite. He used to coach our friend Rudy when he was racing so he has been coaching for a long time! Josie is the smallest and youngest on her team. I was worried about her not being able to keep up with the rest of the girls, but coach Jimmy said she is doing great and was proud of her skiing abilities. Josie skis from 8:45-3 with a 1 hour lunch both Saturday and sundays. So I randomly follow her team and spy on her:)
 Her coach had them doing all sorts of drills. Skiing on one ski down the hill was what they were working on Saturday.
Saturday I took landon on the bunny hill several times. He was doing great so we headed up to the 'big hill'. He was doing awesome until we got to his favorite run and found out there was not enough snow on it so we had to make a detour down a super steep icy run. I was impressed with how well he did, but he ended up falling pretty hard at the bottom. Which ended in tears and him once again telling me that he didn't want to be a skier. It was a struggle to get him down the  mountain and I was completely wiped out. We went in and took a break. Then he decided to try again. So we went with Lila and Rudy on a scavenger hunt for candy:) Rudy had hid pieces of candy along the run.
 Landon was doing great and getting his confidence back..... Until we came to a really steep part and he fell pretty hard again...Which ensued in another meltdown...Once again, it was all I could do to get him down the mountain. He said he was done skiing for the day....I was too!
Saturday night it snowed a ton. My poor car was buried.
Sunday we headed back to ski again. I put landon in all day ski school. He did it last year. They stay all day, have 2, two hour lessons, lunch and do a craft. I watched and followed Landon's lessons and low and behold he was laughing, skiing and having a great time! Now he told me that he loves skiing and can't wait to go again! That kid!? Josie also had a great time. After skiing for two days straight, I ran into her on the chair lift. I told her that it was almost time to go home and asked her if she was tired. She said 'NO, Im not tired, I wish there were 2 hours left of skiing'. She loves it! Landon has one more day up at the mountain to practice his skiing before Christmas camp. Christmas camp is where they ski for 4 days in a row and then do a race on the last day. I am not sure how it is going to go, but He will try it and see if it is fun for him. Here are a couple of pics of  the tree in the village.

 This is the view from our condo.
tonight we are going to visit Santa at the mall. This weekend we are headed to Ellensburg to go visit my parents for Christmas. My dad had his hip replaced last Wednesday so he is moving a little slow but doing well:)

No comments: