Monday, February 15, 2016

Valentines day and Josie's Top 10 finish!

Friday Landon had a Valentines day Party at his preschool. Before he went he told us that he had a girlfriend named Piper. When we arrived, there was Piper and her mom. Landon wanted to have his picture taken with her:) Apparently Piper is learning how to ski this year and we randomly ran into her parents at schweitzer on saturday!
 Landon's Party had 3 stations, a craft table, a cookie decorating station, and a valentines card opening station.
 Landon and his friend Eli.
Josie had a valentines day party, but it was just a 'compliment party' and it didn't really sound like parents were invited....so I skipped out on that one:)
Saturday Josie had her 2nd Home Series race. That is where they compete against the girls at their own mountain. The weather was way warmer than her last home series race so she wore her speed suit this time. Luke was volunteering at the race so I had to help Josie get in and out of her coat/pants for her race. When she got to the top of the course she said, 'mom, I have to go to the bathroom!'...There were some trees she could go in, but getting her in and out of her speed suit is next to impossible and the race was about to begin!
They do two runs and then add the times together. Josie did great and after her second run, she took off all her stuff, ran into the trees, and went to the bathroom all by herself! I Think she impressed some of the parents:)
I took this picture of Josie coming out of the woods from peeing:)...I'm still amazed that she was able to her her suit off and back on!
After the home series races, we get to ski with our kids:) Luke was still volunteering so Rudy, Carli, and I skied with Lila and Josie.
 Mandatory Hot chocolate stop at the Outback bowl!
They did awards later that afternoon. Josie had set a goal at the beginning of the season to be in the top 10 of her age group. When the results came, she placed 9th! I have never seen someone so excited for 9th place!! There were a lot of girls she competed against so we were very proud of her!

Saturday and Sunday Landon went to Kindercamp. He now loves it, compared to the beginning of the season where he hated it. He is doing really well with his skiing, but I didn't ski with him this weekend so I didn't get any pics of him skiing:) Sunday night they had a laser light show at the village. The weather took a turn for the worse and it was pouring rain! We tried to keep the kids inside until the last minute so they wouldn't get soaked...but they wanted to be out in the rain instead of sitting in the lodge!
 I tried to get a picture of the rain...
 we stayed for most of the show, but left a few minutes early due to the horrific weather!
 The kids were drenched! so were we!
They have a photographer that does photo's of the race. Here are some of the pics he took.




Landon passed out when we got back to the condo sunday night!
We came home this morning. The weather was still rainy as we left. Next weekend we are going to an away race for the first time. It is at mt Spokane and josie will compete against all the girls in the whole league....she is very excited!

No comments: