Landon's friend Eli is in his class
And his 'girlfriend' Piper is also in his class.
Landon's friend Reed from preschool sits next to him.
Mrs. Barb was Landon's Preschool teacher so Landon knows her and she knows him.
I saw this and had to laugh...some days I feel this way:)
Wednesday evening I got a call from my mom with some not so great news...Mari, who has been my mom's best friend and part of our family for over 20 years was just diagnosed with Stage 3 lung cancer..I know she is tough as nails and will fight it will everything she has! I still am in shock and want to be able to do something to make it go away. She will find out more about if the cancer is anywhere else and if they can do surgery in the next week or so. I hate the waiting game and it breaks my heart to know that Mari is going to be facing a lot in the near future. If you are reading this Mari, We Love You!! Sometimes Life sucks but it is worth fighting for and I know Mari will be fine:)
On a lighter note....
Friday morning parents were invited to have hot lunch with the kindergartners. That way they could learn how to go through the line and enter their hot lunch pin number. Landon said he didn't like hot lunch, but I made him go through the line anyway. Low and behold he loved it and ate the whole thing!
Friday Landon had Ninja class and Josie had Gymnastics. My parents were in town for the afternoon so they came to class with us. Ninja class is where the kids do obstacles and tumbling...it is perfect for landon to get some energy out!
Saturday we went on a razor ride with some friends up in north idaho.
Lake Pend Orielle
There were red salmon spawning in the water...Not sure if they were the attack fish but thought the sign was funny.
we stopped at a lodge up in the hills called gold creek and had some lunch.
we found an old mine with an elevator or something in it. It was all closed off and we didn't venture too far in. It was pretty cool thought.
When we stopped for Lunch I got a text message from my friend Andrea who lives in texas...It just said 'call me when you can'. I think I knew instantly that something was wrong because she has never text me that. I called her as soon as I got the message and she told me something horrible. Her husband Chris was found dead at their home in Texas. Chris had suffered from depression and never wanted to get help. In the last year or so he became sick with what seemed like diabetic symptoms but still refused to go to a doctor. He had not had a job in over 9 years and started acting strange. Andrea said he had stopped eating and showering and was hallucinating. Andrea was randomly in Seattle for her grandma's b day and hanging out with her family. She couldn't get a hold of Chris so she called the neighbor to go check on him.. Her neighbor found him slumped over his computer sitting in his office chair and called Andrea to let her know. I am so thankful that Andrea was with her family in Seattle. I am still in shock and can't imagine what she is going through right now. I have a plane ticket to go visit her in a few weeks. I feel so bad for my friend...I wish I could take her pain away. Andrea posted this on Facebook and it just breaks my heart and makes me mad all at the same time! Go to a Dr. if you are sick!!!
Yesterday Josie was invited to take her golf certification test. The kids have to be invited by their coach to test up to the next level. Her coach was very impressed with her skills and invited her. She was very nervous, they are there from 3:30-7:30pm. It starts with a written test, a putting test and then they play 9 holes of golf and have to be under a certain score. She was the youngest and of course the smallest...I got the email today that she passed:) She will be excited and I am so proud of her!
this week has had a lot of ups and downs. Life is unpredictable and I just hope that everything will work out for all my loved ones....
No comments:
Post a Comment