Sunday, September 25, 2016

Last monday Josie had what I thought was her last dental appointment for a while. But when we got there the dr. said she only wanted to fix her bottom teeth and then she would reschedule her in 6 weeks to do the top one! I was a little irritated, but it wasn't worth arguing about. When the golf ball hit her mouth it chipped her bottom teeth but not as bad as the top one. Dr. Becky made her bottom teeth look 'normal'...we now have an appointment in 6 weeks to do a composite, or tooth colored crown on her top tooth. Here is a before and after of her bottom teeth. 
My new boss asked if I would take a new staff photo on tuesday, so I did:) Josh is our assistant, he is standing next to me, Lisa is our front desk, and dr. Tucker is standing next to Lisa.
 after all the fires this summer, he has been pretty impressed with firemen.

Saturday Luke left for seattle. He went to seattle to golf and go to the Seahawks game on Sunday. Meanwhile I took the kids to the Rockford Fair with Rudy and Carli. The rockford fair is very small, there is no admission and it takes about 20 minutes to walk the whole thing. The kids had fun and the weather was good. There is a parade in the morning that we always go to and the kids love to collect candy. I snapped a picture of Josie, lila and Jaxs spying on the carnival rides:)

 Landon filled his firefighter hat with candy from the parade.
Today I took the kids to the barn to ride the horses. My friend Crystal met me there. She has only ridden a horse once, so josie showed her the ropes. Landon likes to spray fly spray on the horses.
 Josie walked Norman around with Crystal:)
 Landon rode norman all by himself.
 Josie riding Sunny.

 Josie likes to ride Norman Bareback:) He is kind of like a big dog...she loves him.


My parents have set out into the wild blue yonder....They packed up their Fifth Wheel and are headed south...They ordered a big 40+ foot Toyhauler that won't be ready until december, so they will live in their current fifth wheel until then. We are not sure when we will see them next, which seems strange, but we are happy for them that they get to do what they love to do and travel:) Don't forget to write home mom and dad!! My mom started a blog that you can follow their adventures on.  www.windancer98926.blogspot.com

I have talked with Mari a couple times in the last 2 weeks. They found that the cancer has metastasized and it is stage 4. That means that it is not only in her lung, but in other parts of her body. They probably won't do surgery to remove it, but instead do Chemotherapy and Radiation. She has an appointment this thursday with an oncologist in seattle to find out what the exact treatment will be. I cry every time I talk to her on the phone, no matter how much I say I wont, I still do. She is doing as good as she can at the moment and we are all keeping our fingers crossed for a speedy treatment and hopefully a full recovery!!  I found this picture of her when Josie was 6 months old! We love you Mari!!

This coming weekend I am headed to seattle to stay with Andrea. She is having a Celebration of Life for Chris. Andrea is doing alright. She has a big support group in Austin, Texas, where she lives. They have helped her move, fix, build and clean things at her house and I think she is feeling at peace with the fact that he is not suffering anymore and she doesn't have to be worried about him anymore. It is so sad that he wouldn't go to the dr. and get help for his illness. We still are not sure what exactly killed him, the toxicology report can take up to 3 months to find out, so we shall see. I found this picture of him on my computer when looking at old photos. Chris hated to be away from home and rarely came anywhere with andrea. This was I think the only trip to Lake Roosevelt he made with us...

No comments: