Landon's Kindergarten teacher sent me a picture of his drawing...'Pete the cat can ski a mountain'
I ended up starting my new job a week early. I am so glad I made the switch. Everyone has been very nice and welcoming. Last week I just observed for the first 2 days to get an idea of the flow of the office. The biggest thing is that they use a completely different computer system than I was using before so I am trying to learn it. The office has 2 dentists, 4 hygienists, 2 assistants, and 2 front desk. They welcomed me on their Facebook page.
My parents are still traveling, they took Landon's Panther and Josie's Puppy. Here is one of the pictures they sent:)
Last week it snowed a bunch and then it rained..Our mailbox is on its last limbs and then the snow melted so we have a huge puddle in front of it.
Being that we ski the same mountain every single weekend I don't end up taking a lot of pics...But this view never gets old! Me and Carli on Saturday.
Saturday after training, Josie skied back to her friend samantha's house, so Landon and Lila got some one on one time at the condo.
Sunday was the Banked Slalom race at Schweitzer. It is not a race that the ski racing team usually does. It is just a different type of race that Schweitzer hosts. Josie was very excited to do it. Lila signed up for it too. The kids get to practice the course a few times before the race so Landon came with us. After he watched Josie and lila run the course he decided he wanted to do it to. So at the last minute we signed him up. He was very excited to wear his speed suit in a race and the weather was nice enough he was able too. They do 2 runs and then take the best time of the 2 runs. Landon did his first run and I forgot to take his coat and pants off so he could do the race. When he got to the bottom, he said, 'mom, you forgot to strip me!'.
I made sure for his second run that I 'stripped him'.
Josie waiting in line in her speed suit.
At the starting gate.
The course was hard to video because it had rolling hills and they cut into the snow so there are banks to ski off of....here is josie at the start...before it goes down the hill.
Landon's second run was way faster than his first, He thought it was pretty cool to finally do a race in his speed suit.
I was able to get a little bit of his run...
Lila, Josie and Landon waiting for the results.
Landon had lunch with his friend Kal.
Josie and her friend Annie. Annie is in her class at school too.
Josie ended up winning 1st place! She said 'this is the best day of my life!' We were very proud of her. She got a flag and got to pick from a table of smith goggles, glasses and all sorts of prizes.
Josie chose some new smith Sunglasses.
Landon ended up winning 2nd place! The kid who won 1st place was 2 years older than him and apparently didn't care about winning any prizes, because he didn't show up to claim his prize!
Landon chose some new goggles.
After the awards we went skiing with Landon, Lila, Janie, Annie, and Josie.
Landon is finally good enough to keep up with his sister and the rest of the 'big kids'.
At the end of the day Landon was one skiing down the hill into the village.
No comments:
Post a Comment