Friday, March 3, 2017

the last 2 weeks....

Last weekend the kids had a home series race. The weather was great and the kids did awesome.
 Landon likes to wear his speedsuit.
 Landon did so good. He made all the gates and skied his heart out.
Josie did great too.
Poor landon is the youngest and smallest in his age category. He ski's against kids who are almost 8 years old. so he didn't get last place...but maybe 2nd to last:)
 Josie placed 6th!

After the races we get to ski with the kids. I ended up skiing with Josie and her friends Samantha and scarlet. they took me to the Lightning tree. It it a big tree that was struck by lightning and it is all hollowed out.





Sunday there was over 7 inches of new snow and so we headed out with Landon. The snow was as deep as his waist in some spots! We were pretty impressed with his powder skiing skills. People on the chair lifts were cheering him on and clapping for him as they watched him ski the powder:)
Landon loved skiing in the deep powder...It's hard work.


In other news....My parents gave each of the kids 5 dollars in their valentines cards. Landon wanted to use his to buy a bracelet for Team Josh. Josh is a 5th grader at freeman who is battling cancer. the money goes to help support his family and him during all his chemo treatments.
 Speaking of Cancer, We lost Mari last week to lung cancer. It still doesn't seem real. She was diagnosed in August and fought a hard fight. Mari has been a part of my life since Jr. high. Her and my mom were best friends and we did everything with her. I always considered her a part of my family. I had a really good talk with her the previous week and she told me that she was at peace with dying. She said that she wasn't scared and was ready to not be in pain anymore. She then told me that whenever I see a butterfly, to think of her and know she is at peace. Strangely enough, butterflies are appearing everywhere. Ironically the Die Schmetterling, the condo we stay at has a huge butterfly on it and Die Schmetterling means 'the butterfly' in german. I had a patient the other day with butterfly scrubs, and randomly the lady at edward jones placed a butterfly stamp on my return envelope. I'm glad she isn't suffering anymore, but I still can't wrap my head around the fact that she is gone.
On a lighter note....Josie was on honor roll for the last 2 quarters:)
Luke had a sinus infection a couple weeks ago, last week Landon had a bad cough and was not feeling well, and this week, I have been sick too. I went to the dr. yesterday and I have a sinus infection and mucus in my ears...gross. Hoping this next week will bring better health!
Josie's class won for most box tops:)

Landon's class celebrated dr. seuss this week. He has been sleeping in this hat he made at school and wearing it everywhere.
I had to laugh at this picture. It was a 'memory' on my facebook page this week. It was 4 years ago at silver mountain. I think some mornings still look like this:)
The kids have anther race this sunday. It is a big one where all the mountians compete together. It is at schweitzer so we don't have to travel anywhere. Josie's goal this year was to try and place in the top 10 at one of these races. Landon probably doesn't stand a chance, but it's good experience for him and he loves it;)

No comments: