Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Landon has developed his own style lately. He is really into superhero's. He got off the bus the other day wearing soccer shin guards on his arms with a mask he had made at school.
 Last spring one of the soccer mom's took the team photos. Well, I just got them...about a year later:) Josie has decided that soccer is not her favorite and wants to try Lacrosse this year. Her friend that she ski's with plays Lacrosse and wanted Josie to join her team, so we will venture once again into a sport I know nothing about:)

 Landon made his own shield and mask...then glued paper to his fingers so he had talons:)
 Landon went to Janie's birthday last week and made her this card.
 And he sleeps with his mask on too:)
 He has been laying his clothes out lately. He is a little OCD with certain things...he might get that from me:)
 My friend Lisa was in a play for her kids school last week. I took Josie and Lila..turns out the play was super long and didn't get over until almost 10pm...the girls made it through, but it was a late night.
 Lisa was Laura Ingalls from little house on the prarie:)
Friday night Luke and Rudy had a fundraiser at a local bar for the 24 hour race. So, I took Josie and Landon up to the mountain. We woke up saturday morning to a downpour of rain and 45mph+ winds. We figured we would at least head to the mountain and see if anyone else was skiing. There were a few but the kids decided that they would rather play in the puddles and drink hot chocolate than ski in the rain and wind.
 There must have been a wedding that day because we saw these two ladies in high heels and dresses walking through the village.
 Landon and his friend Mason had a blast running and playing in the rain.

 Josie joined in on the fun too...they were drenched!
 We ended up going into sandpoint and having lunch with mason's parents and then went to a play. We saw the princess and the pea. After the play I got a text from Rudy, who had just arrived up on the mountain that the power was out on the entire mountain. So we hung out some more in sandpoint and the kids did some crafting at a local 'free' crafting place. After we went to dinner with rudy and carli. We didn't go back up to the condo until 8 that night because the power didn't come on until about 7:30. Turns out a tree had fallen on a power line and they had to use a snow cat and then snowshoe in to fix it. This is the view from the crafting place. we go every year and the kids love it.
 Meanwhile in Arizona....My parents bought a side by side:) They sent the kids this picture with Puppy and Panther on the hood.
 Sunday was much nicer. We skied with some friends in the morning and rudy and carli in the afternoon.

 Landon wanted to take me down a run called B Chute. I'm not one for skiing 'chutes'. but figured if my 6 year old could do it, I could too:) It was pretty icy so it was a little rough getting down, but I made it. I am still in awe of what this little 6 yr old can ski. I am definitely taking lessons next year! here is a picture from the Triple, the lift that takes you to the 'chutes'.

 Hanging with Rudy and Carli....
 The top of the Chute!
 The 24 hours for Hank ski event is this Friday. Luke will go up Thursday. This is the list of challenges they have to complete every hour. Last year Luke's team won. So far luke has raised over $15,000 and his team has raised almost $30,000! I will miss not being there, but Carli and I are taking the girls to the finals this weekend so we should have a fun girls weekend. Landon will be staying with a friend this weekend. He could have went to the finals, but for me to take 2 kids, 4 pairs of ski's (josie has 2 pairs), and all our crap up to lookout and then get them to their races on time and I'm pretty sure there would be a meltdown or 2 in there somewhere...was too much for me to handle on my own! Landon is excited to hang out with his friend Trent this weekend anyway, so I don't feel bad for not taking him:)
 Landon waiting for the bus this morning...this kid cracks me up:)
And...on a side note. Rudy sent me this video before he sent Josie home the other day...Our snow has finally disappeared but the mud has set in!

No comments: