Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Ski racing Finals, 24 hours for hank, and some random stuff...

Landon wrote this 'map' last week..I'm not sure what it says completely , but the first two words are 'wif the'...aka...with the:) I love that he spells it like he says it.
 I downloaded this reading game for landon on the computer the other day and he said 'Mom! there is a bad word!' He knew what the bad word was...but I pointed out that it was Ship...not Shit.
Friday Carli and I headed out to Wallace, Idaho for the race at Lookout Pass with the girls. Luke and Rudy went to Schweitzer for the 24 hours for hank event. The girls were very excited. We checked into the Wallace Inn with these two crazies...

 They had a blast swimming and playing with friends...
 Last year it was sunny and warm and we sat out in our lawn chairs and watched the race. You can see the course right from the lodge, which is usually not the case with ski racing. Josie did really well, I think Saturday she placed 13th out of almost 40 girls. Her goal has always been to place in the top 10 at an away race...She's always so close!
 Lila is in a different age category, so the girls will never race against each other, but their teams still ski with each other sometimes.

Here is a video of one of Josie's Slalom runs. Slalom racing, SL, has poles instead of flags and they are closer together, so it is pretty technical. Giant Slalom, or GS racing has flags and they are farther apart.

All the racers got a 'swag bag' with suntan lotion, snacks and these sunglasses:)...Carli and I wore them most of the day.
 After the race on Saturday the sun came out and we took the girls skiing. It was really pretty. Lookout pass is very small, but the runs were pretty good and the snow was great.


Meanwhile...at Schweitzer....Luke's Team took 2nd place in the 24 hour challenge. Their team raised over $36,000 and the whole event raised over $122,000. Luke did not take many pics..but Rudy's sister took a couple and sent them to us.

Landon spent the weekend with my friend Lisa and her family. Her son Trent had a wrestling match and landon got to help out and even weigh in.

 He weighed in at 43 pounds.



Apparently he played Beer pong too:)
The lodge at Lookout pass is on the border of Montana and Idaho. Half of the lodge is in montana and half is in Idaho.
 Here is a video of one of Josie's GS runs on Sunday.

 When the kids finish their run, their times are written down on a board at the bottom of the course, so all the kids, and parents stand around it to figure out what place they are in.
 After the race we waited around for the awards, Josie didn't get one, but Lila got 5th in her division on sunday so we hung out to watch her get her trophy. Josie and a bunch of her team hiked to the top of the race course while they were waiting. Here is Josie with her friend Scarlet.
 kate, avery, phyllis, scarlet, josie and hannah.
 After her hike, Josie fell asleep on my lap in the lodge:)

They had a photographer there and these were a couple pics they took. There is another photographer that took a bunch too but hasn't posted them yet, I just screenshotted the pics off my phone for now.


 Spring has started to make it's way to our house. We have been having a lot of rain and hail, this was a storm moving through our back yard.
 Landon decided to wear a hat to school today, but I guess hats are not allowed? At least that is what Landon said. Oh well...
 And...I saw this the other day and it made me laugh:)
 This saturday is the last home series race and then Ski racing season is officially over. The season will go until April 16th so we will get to ski with the kids and maybe sleep in!! I will miss ski season, but I think we are all looking forward to some weekends with no schedule:)


No comments: