Wednesday, April 5, 2017

The end of ski racing has come...Saturday was the last home series race. Both kids did great! Josie placed 4th, which is the highest she has ever placed in a SARS race. Landon placed 10th! Which was the first time he actually placed in a SARS race:) I am super proud of both kids! Here is Landon with a couple of his ski buddies.
 Landon and Mason

 Here is a video of one of Landon's runs. They do 2 runs and  then add the scores together, that is how they determine the winner.
And here is Josie, I didn't realize it was her until she started...

After the races are done there are a few hours before awards, so the kids get to ski with each other. Josie and her friend Scarlet.
 Scarlet, annie, samantha and Josie...
 The girls wanted to practice one skiing. Samantha was wiped out so all the girls gathered around her to tell her to get up:)
 They even made snow cones with gatorade and snow.

 Every boy in Landon's race 'class' is over a year older than him. The whole group is moving up in class except landon. You can see how little he is compared to the rest of the boys.
 Josie was so excited to get 4th place.
 There were a couple pics of Landon that the mountian photographer took...I'll have to buy them to get rid of the photographers logo.


Next year Josie will be the youngest of her race class. She will be a U12 which means you are under the age of 12. It was fun to watch how much both kids improved over the season.
 Sunday we got to ski for fun with the kids. Me, lisa and julie....


 I paid for the race pictures of Josie so I could get them without the photographers writing on them:)


Rudy put together a scavenger hunt for the kids in Lila's group for an early birthday celebration for her. Josie and Landon joined in the fun.




 This weekend we will go up to the mountian for the spring finale. They have a bunch of fun activities and the weather is usually nice...Back at home, I have this week off for spring break. Josie went with a friend to priest lake for a few days, so landon and I have been hanging out. we went to a movie today and tomorrow we are going to a museum. I  have stuck to my guns about not letting the cats into the house...they still try to make me feel guilty. Every morning they sit on the pillar outside our kitchen window and stare at me....

After some of the flooding in our area, some of our neighbors had a little fun with it. They put shark fins in the 'lake' on their property.
I think the snow is gone for now...Just hanging on in the mountians:) Now that we have been gone every weekend since December it is time to get caught up on home repairs and updates that are needed after being gone all winter!


No comments: