Monday, May 8, 2017

parties, the spa, field trips, dirtbikes and baseball....all in one week

Last friday Josie went to her friends house for a birthday party. They had a great time:)
 cappuccino never showed up so toothless has been very lonely. She follows us everywhere. She has been hanging out in this camping chair on the porch quite a bit.
 Josie's friend Isabel came over the next day to hang out and play. We went to the park.


Monday I took Josie to the dermatologist to have her broken blood vessel removed from her face. She has had it for a couple of years, but it keeps getting bigger. They remove it with a laser. It wasn't pleasant, but she did pretty well. They told her she couldn't raise her blood pressure for 3 days because they didn't want the vessel to break again. This is what it looked like before.

 This was right after the laser. It bruises and then is supposed to get better.
 She came home, gave herself a pedicure and watched a movie:)
I took a picture of it on friday, it is starting to scab. It is still red so I'm hoping it really worked. They did say it could take up to 2-3 treatments so she wasn't excited to hear that. We bribed her with a bunny:) Her friend has a mini lop eared bunny and it's going to have babies...so we told her if she had it removed she could have one of the babies.
Tuesday was the day our office got to cash in on our spa day. We set a goal of getting 86 new patients in 2 months and we reached the goal. So we were picked up in a limo at work and taken to a spa where we could pick from 2 treatments. I chose a massage and a facial. We then got to have lunch and then taken back to the office. When I got to work Dr. Henneberg had mimosa's waiting for us.
 This is April...she is a dental assistant that I work with. We have 2 April's at our office.



 More champagne at the spa...



I had the rest of the week off, so I did some random things and hung out with my parents. Thursday Josie had a field trip to the spokane fairgrounds to the livestock show. My mom and I rode the bus and became parent chaperones. We were in charge of chloe, josie, rowan and emma.

 There were about 10 different 'stations' when we got there. Each station they learned about farming and agriculture.
 we took a break for Lunch. Thursday was the warmest day of the year.
 The buses made a surprise stop and a local park. The kids were so hot they were laying on the pavement...
 The whole 4th grade.

friday the school had their annual maple bars with mom before school. My mom was able to come and we sat and hung out with the kids while they ate maple bars:)

 The kids make gifts for the moms every year. This year landon made me a pot holder with his hand print on it and made a picture of me out of construction paper. Josie made me a bookmark with all the things she loves about me...like my oat balls and banana bread...proof that I do sometimes make things in the kitchen:)

Landon has been asking for a Motorcycle for a long time. We have been putting it off for a while, but the other day our friend asked if we wanted to buy his kid's motorcycle because he was getting a different one. It was a good deal, so we agreed. Landon was beyond excited. The bike is pretty heavy, it definitely weighs more than Landon. It has training wheels, but they couldn't find them so I thought we should wait until we could get them and then let him ride. Well, landon didn't want to wait...
Luke taught him the basics and then sent him on his way...This was his first try...we had the governor turned all the way down and kept it in 1st gear, so he couldn't go very fast:) His feet barely touch the ground so stopping was his biggest challenge.
It didn't take him long and he was racing all over. Luke mowed a track around the lawn so the kids wouldn't destroy our lawn.
He even has a little jump that he likes to hit.
Of course Josie wanted to ride it and now loves it and wants one for herself....Landon lets her ride it for small periods of time. She is way to big for it, but still likes riding it.
Landon has been riding it nonstop since we got it. He knows he's not allowed on it if daddy is not home, so he has been asking Luke...'when are you going to be home?' Luke has been teaching him how to take care of your motorcycle and how all the parts work.
 Josie had her friend Rowan over for a sleepover Friday night.
Landon starts baseball on Monday. Although, He wanted to watch some motocross and he said "Dirt Biking is a Sport?! I just want to Dirt Bike" So, I'm not sure how excited for baseball he is now:) Sunday Luke and Landon went on a razor ride, Josie and I stayed home because she had a lacrosse game. Josie made some tea and wanted me to have a tea party with her.

 Once again Josie had to guard a girl twice her size. Her team lost. She told me on the way home that her team was moping around because they lost, but she said that she told her team 'at least we had fun'...I had to laugh because that's what I always tell her:)
 meanwhile...the boys were having fun.

Landon had baseball practice today. He has it every monday and wednesday. He got home from school and had to ride his dirt bike first...then we did baseball. He had fun and his friend Rebel is on his team so he is excited.


I now get to work Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. I switched days with another hygienist that I work with. This was my first official Monday off and I got a call from one of our hygienists who had a sick kid this morning. She needed me to come in to work for her today, so I actually had to work on my first Monday off, but I was happy to do it being that we had all of last week off. My parents packed up and headed for the lake this morning. Now the kids have to sleep in their own beds and not in my parents loft.

No comments: