Sunday, August 13, 2017

We have lived here for 12 years and I had never been to the beach at liberty lake, which is only 20 or so minutes from our house. A friend invited us a couple of fridays ago. It was really nice and on a friday, not super busy.
 We headed out from the lake to the motocross track. It was a hot day, but due to the smoke, The temp's weren't too bad. Landon did Super cross again. It was Friday and Saturday night.

 Landon taking the checkered flag....
 I took a picture of this plane and the sun with the smoke it was really weird looking.

Landon is getting better at the starting gate. He has come along way. They have a rule that if your parent holds your bike at the starting line, your disqualified. So, he had to learn to hold his own bike.
Landon is getting better at the jumps now too...
Friday night I headed up to the lake with josie and my parents. They had come to watch Landon race so I hitched a ride. We spent the day at the lake while Luke stayed in spokane with Landon to prepare for another night of racing on saturday. I didn't take any pics on saturday because I had left my phone in the bathroom at the track friday night. Luke was able to retrieve it when he called it and someone else answered. Saturday night Landon raced again. He is having fun and doing great. I think he placed 4th, 5th and 6th out of 13 or so kids! Sunday we all went out on the boat. It was still smoky, but hot.
 The kids have really improved their diving skills this summer....
 Landon likes to cannon ball and dive:)



a couple random motocross pics of landon...

 Last Tuesday Landon and Luke went to Portland and back to pick up a new bike for Landon. They stopped and had lunch with luke's mom and made a stop at Multnomah Falls.

 Luke had taken Landon to get his passport photo taken because it was expired. He had a haircut right before the photo...and apparently a blue sucker too....Landon now has blue lips in his passport photo:)
Last friday Luke and Landon went to a new motocross friends house. They have a track at their house...Landon had a blast. It was only 97 degrees outside!
I was worried that the new bike was too big and too powerful for little Landon...but..he continues to impress me with how well he does.
This weekend our friends invited us to try Flat track racing. Josie's friend Lexie does it because her older brother does too...They have a class called the 'lipstick class'. It is just for girls, and usually it is just Lexie and sometimes her mom or a couple other older women. I was surprised when Josie asked to do it. Landon was hard to convince. He was not happy that there were no jumps and thought it would be boring. We had to talk him into doing it. Turns out both kids really liked it. It was way less stressful for me to watch as a parent. No jumps and you can see the whole course from one seat:) Josie is #9:)


 Turns out, Josie was good at flat track racing! Who knew?! There were 4 entries...but mainly just Josie, Lexie, and another girl they know from school. Josie missed 1st place by a couple of inches on the first race. By the time the second race came around it was dark and the lighting was not great. Josie had a hard time seeing and came in 3rd, but we knew she had it in her:) We were so proud of her. My mom took a video of her 1st race...


 Landon was in a beginner class, with 1 other beginner and 2 advanced riders...He did really well and said he couldn't make his bike go any faster. He ended up taking 1st place in his class:)

 my friend sent me this picture, but I couldn't get it to save without my phone stuff in the background...
 It was really hot...so landon was not wearing his shirt while honoring the flag during the national anthem.






 Landon was so impressed with his sister:)

The second race was the only one that counted...so Josie got a 3rd place plaque and Landon got a 1st place one:)

 Landon...wearing his KTM hat...reading his KTM book on the way to the track:)

The kids got done around 10 pm. I guess it is tradition after flat track racing to go to Zips and get a burger and fries...So we all went to Zips and ate at 10:30 at night.....The kids were delirious....and I think we were too..We didn't get home until 11:30 or so and went straight to bed!
Today we slept in and worked around the house. The smoke finally cleared and the weather cooled off a bit. I took the kids shopping for their school supplies. It sounded like a great idea...but taking two overly tired kids shopping all afternoon resulted in this...by the end of the day I think I looked like that too:)
We came home and regrouped:) Landon went to bed early and Josie headed to a friends sleepover birthday party. I get to take tomorrow off after working several Monday's, it will be nice to have an extra day off.

No comments: