Monday, September 4, 2017

The first day of school and Labor Day weekend

       There was a photographer at Landon's race last weekend and he had took some pics of Landon.








  Wednesday was the kids first day of school Landon is in 1st grade and has Mrs. Schweiger. Josie is in 5th grade now and has Mrs. Romey.


 Josie with her friends Lexie and Isabel.
 Landon picked a seat right up front in class so he could ask the teacher lots of questions:)
 Mrs. Schweiger's husband used to do our taxes and her youngest son is in Josie's class. So we know her more than some of the other teachers.
 The kids had a great first day. Even the 2nd day was great. Then on Friday morning Josie woke up with a stomach ache and ended up puking right before it was time to get on the bus. I'm really glad I didn't send her to school! Poor thing slept most of the day and was super upset that she was missing out on something at school.


 By friday afternoon she was feeling a little better and wanted to go to the condo at Schweitzer. Labor day weekend Schweitzer has an event called Fall Fest. It is a bunch of beer tasting, bands and events going on. We loaded up and headed for the mountain. On the way up the mountain we saw a moose!

 Josie took this picture as we were on our way into Sandpoint.
 By Saturday morning Josie was back to her old self. Luke and Landon were invited to hike into a lake on the backside of the mountain with some friends and go fishing. It apparently is just a 'guy' thing.... So, Josie and I drove the razor up to the village for something to drink.
 we ran into Landon with his friends Kal and tolla.
 The music stage was set up by the chair lifts this year.



Landon caught a trout! It is catch and release so they put it back.
Josie and I hung out with some friends in the village and listened to music until the boys came back.



 After the sun went down it was a little more pleasant. It was super hot all day.

 We thought this area would be a great place for a family photo....but landon was having a meltdown.
So we had to do what any parent would do to get the shot. We bribed him...with a treat.

Some person who doesn't care about kids teeth or anyone's overall health developed a scoop of ice cream on top of a bottle of rootbeer....
One day of Fall fest was enough for us. So sunday we headed into sandpoint and took the kids fishing and swimming for the day. 






Today we woke up to a lot of smoke. We had planned to go hike back to the lake that the boys had went fishing to on Saturday so that Josie and I could see it. We decided to go anyway, even though it was smoky...The hike was just about 6 miles, the smoke was thick, but we had fun and Josie caught a fish. We found some huckleberries to pick and saw a big Buck deer. When we got home we heard on the news that Sandpoint (the area where we were) had the worst air quality in the nation today. oops..I think our lungs will hate us tomorrow.








 Colburn lake. In the winter it is frozen over...but it's really pretty in the summer. At least when there is no smoke.







 picking huckleberries.




 on our way back we ran into this dog:)...It was huge!
Back to school and work tomorrow. I was excited to not be working mondays anymore...but then I realized that I signed up to work this friday. Our office is now going to be open fridays and we can work them if we want. I only signed up for a few...but now I'm wondering why I did:)

No comments: