Last Saturday Landon was invited to hang with the 'champions' at Horn Rapids. He rode his Big bike, which he is still a little intimidated by. It took some coaxing to get him on the big track, but he did it and was glad he did:) The weather was freezing cold.
Landon got to say goodbye to some of his friends he made throughout the season. Ty and Dax.
We got free food from the food truck that day. It only took 45 minutes to get it!
We were dreaming of warm mexican weather at this point!
Landon ended up placing 3rd overall. We all knew that he would have been 1st if his bike wouldn't have quit, but it was a good humbling lesson for all of us:) He got a plaque with his name engraved on it.
There were more that 4 kids who raced. These are just the 4 kids who had the highest points out of his class.
He also won some new goggles.
I took a picture of him with all his trophies he won this year....I think he did alright:)
We drove down the the tri cities and back in one day, came home to pack and then packed for mexico! This was my Facebook memory from 5 years ago when we went to Mexico with the kids. This year was way easier...No diapers or strollers!
This year we flew out at 6am! That meant we dressed the kids the night before and set our alarms for 3:40am!
The kids are good travelers now, they were excited to get to Mexico!
When we arrived we were picked up by Danny Boy, He had just bought a new Mercedes sprinter van and we had the whole thing to ourselves.
We met my parents at the resort. We headed to dinner and the waiter made a rat out of the napkins for the kids. Here is landon eating his favorite mexican food...Chicken fingers and fries:)
The Ocean was warmer than the pools.
My dad taught Josie how to make margaritas:)
We spent the week playing in the sun, swimming in the ocean and enjoying each other's company.
This was the view of the pool from our room
Landon loved to put his feet in the ocean and then feel it try to suck you out.
We went to walmart one day to get some beer and snacks. On the way back to the resort there was traffic, so the driver just cut off of the road and drove through a washed out sandy area:)
We went to dinner one night where they had a lot of food options.
Like chunks of chocolate
or small chocolate.
The kids were arguing one day on the beach...
The pool has activities and one of them is towel folding.
We made a turtle, an elephant and a swan.
Josie had her hair braided one day.
Landon got a henna tattoo.
The maid left us a swan, a flower and a cookie one day.
Josie made a rat out of the dishtowel and left the maid a tip;)
When we stay on the sea of cortez side, there are a lot of vendors. As soon as you step onto the sand they are trying to sell you stuff. Landon got a spiderman parachute.
We have use of 3 resorts when we are in cabo. This time we stayed at the rose, this is looking at the Blanco, the one next door.
One night they had a free cocktail party with a mariachi band.
Josie made a friend at the pool one day. Landon and her hung out a bit too.
We have been hearing about a nice italian restaurant in Cabo since we first started going there but Luke and I had never been. We ventured out one night to Salvatore's and celebrated my parents 46th wedding anniversary.
they gave my parents free dessert.
Dinner was delicious. It was a great night....until I woke up in the middle of the night puking and pooping my guts out..All night long. I was so sick. I have been to mexico at least 7 or 8 times in my life and never been sick. Luke went to a local pharmacy for me at 5am, after I had been up puking all night to get me some medicine. On the way back he snapped some pretty sweet pictures of the sunrise:)
I was in bed the whole next day. It sucked. The rest of the family went to lunch down the beach, swam in the ocean and played in the pool. I tried to come down to the pool and at least lay on a lawn chair, but I made it for about 5 minutes, and went back up to the room. The next day I was still tired, but had enough energy to at least get out of the room and play with the rest of the family. Josie really took to swimming in the ocean this year. Landon went in a few times but was nervous of the big waves. I found an area of beach towards the end of our vacation where it was pretty calm and he loved playing in the ocean there.
The kids painted pottery one day.
Josie and I played quite a bit of Uno:)
Landon's favorite place for lunch was this place on the beach called the Office.
I didn't eat much because my stomach was still not too great. but the company was good:)
Landon liked that he was served his lunch in a boat.
Luke ended up getting sick on friday. He spend the day in the hotel room. Not sure if it was the same bug I had or if we both just randomly ate some bad stuff. I took a picture of some of our drugs that helped us make it through the trip:)
While luke layed in bed all day, I hung out with everyone else....and this lizard.
We went over to the Sunset, which is the resort we usually stay at on the pacific side. they have golf carts that take you everywhere because it is on a hill. The kids always get a kick out of riding the carts. we stayed and watched the sunset and had dinner.
Luke missed out on the photo's from that night. Sucks that he was sick.
a few weeks ago there were 3 people who were on this beach when a rouge wave came and swept them away. 2 separate incidences. So now they have a yellow chain fence to try to keep people of the beach in that area. we were rebels, and went just on the other side of the fence.
And...while we were at the beach...My other toenail fell off! I can't keep my toenails on to save my life!
We had a great trip, other than Luke and I getting sick. It was nice to hang out with my parents. We won't see them now until next spring. They headed back to Yuma, Arizona. We flew home yesterday and didn't get to the house until almost midnight. The kids went to school today and I tried to get unpacked. Josie took her braids out tonight....It looked like she had a perm!
On a side note, Landon brought home some writing that he did. It said 'I built a dirtbike wif my mom. we had some trubl. It was when I helped him put together his lego bike and it took forever:)
When we flew home some nice lady let Josie borrow her neck pillow. It was a pretty terrifying landing coming into spokane. Landon slept through it, but it was windy and rainy and the plane kept dropping and bouncing...Not the best flight I've ever had. It felt good to land and sleep in my own bed.
I took this pic of us landing in San Fransisco, we landed at the same time as another plane on a different runway.
It's a short work week for me, just tomorrow and a half day Wednesday. We will do thanksgiving here and head to schweitzer for the weekend. They opened last weekend and have over 70 inches of snow already.
No comments:
Post a Comment