Sunday, April 8, 2018

Spring break..

Luke Took 2nd place in the snowboarding run during the fundraiser he does every year for our friends son Henry...He tried to replicate the picture of Landon when he  got second place at 49 Degrees north race:)


 Josie, Landon and Lila painted their faces for school last week.
 The school had a book fair and they had the therapy dogs there. Ever since the shooting they bring in therapy dogs for the kids. Landon wanted to read to the dogs:)
The photographer at the finals posted some pictures. I will have to buy them to get rid of the stamp, but they turned out pretty good.




 Landon has been practicing Lacrosse and really liking it. I took a video of him practicing. Boys lacrosse has a lot more contact than girls!

The kids and I had this past week off for spring break. We had a staycation and stayed up at Schweitzer. The mountain had a ton of snow last week so we skied almost every day. We did spend some time at the pool though.

 We had some friends over to decorate easter eggs.

 The cops came by...Not sure why, but they had some fun with Landon and his friend Mason and were talking to them on the loud speaker and turned on the lights.

Schweitzer had an easter egg hunt in the village, it was snowing really hard. Josie and her friend Scarlet were on Schweitzer's instagram page.

 The Easter bunny came to our condo too!

The Easter Bunny hid easter eggs all over the mountain....He hid them in the bear cave on the back side of the mountain..The kids thought it was pretty cool.

Luke headed for home sunday night, Landon stepped up to be the man of the house and wanted to shovel the snow in front of the condo.
 The snow was amazing and no one was there...The kids and I had a great time skiing the powder. Landon and Josie wanted me to take slo mo videos of them going off a little jump.


 we stopped at the outback bowl..a little lodge on the backside of the mountain....


The kids met up with some friends and went to the Grandfather tree, it's a huge tree hid back through the forest. 
 Josie's ski team friend's parents own a toy store and a craft place in Sandpoint. The kids have always loved going there, so we spent a lot of time in the afternoon's there. The kids got money from both grandparents for easter and so they spent it at the toy store.
 The craft area is by donations only. The kids could spend all day there.
 Landon made a bed for his dragon.

 I have an app on my phone that tracks your skiing speed and distance. I put it in Landon's pocket and he did 46 MPH....So then I put it in Josie's pocket and she beat him and did 47 MPH.....of course Landon couldn't be outdone so he tried again and went 54 MPH! I put a stop to that game after I saw how fast he was going!
I had a bunch of coupons for a mexican restaurant in Sandpoint so the kids and I ate there a few times:)
 Proof my kids do love each other....Landon was consoling Josie on the chair lift.
 We took a day off from skiing and headed to the beach.





 Back to the mexican restaurant!
 and back to the craft place. This is Grace, Josie's ski team friend.
 We took Grace skiing with us on thursday.
 SARS has a tent with starting gates at the top of one of the runs. The kids were practicing their starts.
 Lunch break!

Landon and Jaxs making funny faces:)

 One of the many creations Landon made at the craft place.
 With limited internet we are forced to hang out:) We worked on a 1200 piece puzzle all week.
 Landon wanted to sleep on the couch:)
 Landon finally decided he was old enough to carry his own ski's and poles. All season I have had to carry his ski's for him because they are 'too heavy'.
 I saw this. Landon is not a toddler anymore, but I thought this was very accurate.
saturday was the kids last home series race. It was snowing and not very spring like.

 Grace, Josie and Annie
 Josie placed in the top 10 for the first time this season:)
 Landon finished 1st! He had an amazing season. Next year he will be the youngest of his age group so making top 10 will be a little more challenging for him:)

 Landon and his friend Mason.
 Mason got 5th...I love the look on his face:)

 Landon and his friend Janie at the start line.
Landon at the top of the podium.
The kids go back to school tomorrow and I will head back to work on Tuesday...Breaks always go by way too fast!

No comments: