Monday, June 4, 2018

Memorial day weekend...Josie turns 11.

The kids had a Lacrosse tournament a couple of weeks ago, we went to lunch in between games.

 Josie's friend Isabel hung out with us for a day too.
 Landon had a reading day outside at school.
 Josie has always struggled with math. I found a math tutoring place in spokane called Mathnasium. We went for a consultation and the kids both got mustaches. Josie has been going for almost 2 weeks and loves it. It is nice to have someone else teach her math besides Luke and I.
 Memorial Day weekend we hung out at our house all weekend. We organized the basement storage area and filled a whole trailer full of stuff for the dump. The kids rode motorcycles, we had a bonfire and panted a garden. It was nice to not have to go anywhere and just be at home for once.
 Josie made banana bread. She really enjoys cooking.
 Saturday our friends, the matthews, came over to celebrate Josie's 11th birthday. All her friends were out of town over the holiday weekend so she had no one to celebrate with. The Matthews have 5 kids, so it's an instant party when they show up.


 Josie didn't want a cake, just donuts.
 This is Kal....He ski races and plays Lacrosse with Landon:)

Sunday was Josie's actual Birthday. Landon picked out a whole star wars set for her. I wasn't sure if it was more for Landon, or for Josie. Josie loved it and the kids played all day with it together.
 Josie got new clothes, markers and a new camel back for riding her mountain bike from grandma carol and grandpa tom.

 We planted a garden...
 My parents bought Josie new cowboy boots for her birthday. She wears them everywhere.
 Josie and I went for a bike ride. I got a new mountain bike so I needed to try it out.
 birthday Slurpee's from the freeman store.
 Josie chose buffalo wild wings for her b day. they made her a hat.
 shirley temple.
We came home and had a bonfire with the kids. We roasted smores and hung out by the fire.

 The kids played on their play set for the last time before we tore it down. We put it up on Josie's 3rd Birthday...It was getting dangerous for the kids to play on.

 The kids played in the sprinkler.
 Smores



On Memorial Day we went for our first family mountain bike ride at Riverside State Park, Just north of where we live.
 The kids did amazing. Landon only had one meltdown because it was at the end of the ride, it was hot and it was at the base of a really long steep hill.

We went out to lunch afterwards to celebrate a successful ride. We came home and tore down the kids play set and lit it on fire. The kids were sad to see the play set go, but had fun taking it down.





 The kids played in the hose I was using to make sure we didn't start a bigger fire.

I did some research on Straw bale gardening and thought I would give it a try. You plant your seeds and plants in straw bales instead of in the ground...I am excited to see if it works.


Landon had his last Lacrosse game last week. The photography people didn't show up like they were supposed to so the coaches wife took some pics and made these picture proofs for us.


Friday Landon had a field trip at school. The kids were divided up between parent helpers. My mom came to help.

 We were assigned 4 boys...very rambunctious!!

 We went on a nature trail around the school. We had to have the kids find things and take pictures with them.

At one point I think we completely lost control of our group. Landon was actually very well behaved during the trip. Not sure if it was because his grandma was here or what, but he was quite pleasant.
Friday afternoon Josie had a horseback riding lesson. Her teacher is a student in college and home for the summer. She taught Josie how to fall off a moving horse and taught her a bunch of drills. She had her ride bareback for most of the lesson. I was pretty impressed with all that Josie was able to do.

Landon was excited to watch the beavers baseball game on TV. He had his beavers outfit on while he was watching.
Saturday our office had a free dental day. We did free fillings and extractions all day. I got people numb  and helped the dr's when help was needed. It was a long day, but we helped a lot of people. There was another dentist and assistant who came to help too.
While I was working Luke and our friend Jeff took the kids mountain biking.

 Josie got a paint set for her birthday and let Landon use some of it.
 Landon was upset with Luke last night because it was almost 10pm and he wouldn't go to bed. I found this note on Landon's bedroom door this morning:)
This week Josie has her end of the year Lacrosse party and her end of the year dance recital on saturday. This time they get to perform for friends and family instead of at a retirement center:)

No comments: