Friday night Landon had a Supercross Race. He has improved a lot since his last race and was excited to ride. I hate to watch Landon race because it makes me nervous. I was taking a video of his first moto when he crashed and a kid behind him ran right into him. I instantly put the phone down and you can hear me telling myself outloud...and josie that he is ok....Luke helped him back on his bike and he finished the Moto. I thought he might be done for the night but he insisted that he wanted to keep riding.
Landon was OK, just a little banged up from his protective gear and his goggles cracked in half.
After his crash he was a bit more cautious but ended up placing 5th overall.
The fire was contained pretty quickly and no homes were lost. Luke and Landon didn't get home saturday night until almost midnight. Landon took 3rd in one of his Moto's and placed 4th overall....with no crashes:) Because we didn't want to waste a hot day on the lake with our new boat we got up early and were on the water sunday by 8:30 in the morning! We put in on Lake Ceour d'lane which is about a 30 minute drive from our house.
Landon was still really tired and spent most of his day laying on the boat:)
My friend Kelsi who I work with was out on the water with her husband and daughter so we met up with them and hung out.
Kelsi's husband Jason, Landon, Josie and Lauren:)
We had to head for the boat ramp around 1 because I had to get Josie to camp in North Idaho which was over an hour and a half away from where we were. I drove my car separately and Josie and I headed for Camp! Her camp is a horse camp up in a remote part of idaho. There are only 12 girls in the camp and they all stay in the same cabin with bunk beds. The bathrooms are primitive and I'm not positive there is a shower there:) We stopped for a snack on the drive up.
The camp is called shoshone Mountain retreat. It is close to the idaho/Montana border and is very remote. You pull into the retreat and drive down a narrow dirt road next to the river.
After Josie was checked in she had to change into jeans and take a horse riding test.
These are the bathrooms.
The lodge where they eat.
Josie and her friend Gracey. They are on the same ski team and both wanted to go to the camp together.
Gracey and Josie.
This is the cabin where they sleep.
This camp doesn't allow the campers to call home like ski camp. There is a parent portal on the website where you can 'email your camper'. I emailed Josie on Monday but haven't heard back. I'm not sure if they are allowed to email back or if She has even received my email. I guess no news is good news and I assume she is having fun. I pick her up on Friday afternoon. I'm excited to hear all about her week at horse camp.
Monday I headed up to Lake Roosevelt with Landon and my parents took us out on their boat. I left Landon with my parents for the week. I'm missing both my kids this week. It is very quiet around here which is strange.
No comments:
Post a Comment