Landon's friend Kiah invited him over last sunday to make milkshakes.
Last week was spirit week. Josie dressed up like a vet for career day. It was the only morning I was home to get a photo. Landon dressed up like a soccer player, but he doesn't really like soccer:)
Now that I am 40 I had to go in for a mammogram. Last Monday I received a call that they had found microcalcifications on my right breast and they wanted to take more pictures to get another look at it. I went in on Tuesday and they said that they would recommend a biopsy. I guess the chances of them being cancerous are low, which is a good thing. The dr. said we could monitor them for 2 years and see if they get bigger, or just do a biopsy and make sure they are not cancerous. I decided to just go ahead with the biopsy. They scheduled it for Friday and gave me a brochure of a calm lady on the cover:)
Luke left to go Elk hunting in Idaho on Thursday. I had the day off randomly. Landon and I played football in the backyard while we waited for Josie to get home from dance.
Friday morning was my appointment for my biopsy. I saw this meme and had to laugh....because, that is better than crying:)
All the nurses were really nice. I was not too worried about the procedure itself, it was just the anticipation that was killing me.
Your lay face down on a table and then they get you numb and stick a needle into your boob. They take a sample and then place a 'paperclip' type thing where they took the sample so they know they have taken a biopsy there for future reference. The procedure didn't hurt at all, it took about an hour and I left feeling great! So great I decided to go grocery shopping and stop at the Home depot. Half way through Home depot my anesthetic started wearing off and all of a sudden I realized I needed to get home and lay down! Peas were my friend all afternoon.
I will spare you the picture of the actual incision but they did mark that it was the Right side:) All afternoon and evening it was pretty painful. Saturday morning It was still sore, but felt better. I should get the results back sometime next week.
Landon's friend Kiah spent the day with us on Saturday. She wanted to come watch one of Landon's football games and this was the last one, so we picked her up bright and early at 7:45! Josie had Volleyball, but I had to drop her off with a friend to take her to the game. Here is Landon and Kiah at his last game.
I took them to the park while we were waiting for josie.
We came home and had some lunch. Then we headed to the Golden Gem which is a feed shop for cattle and horses. They also sell cool home decor, clothes and they have a fall harvest fest. We went to the fall fest with Carli and her sister in Law Andra and her 2 boys.
Kiah came with us to the fall fest.
the kids had their faces painted.
Lila and Josie.
Landon's friend Reed was there too. Kiah was photobombing in the background.
They had a raffle when we were there. I won one of the raffles...It was an AntlerMax deer feed hat and a mug:) Originally I won chicken feed, but when they realized that I didn't own any chickens, They gave me the hat:)
Meanwhile...In Texas. My parents are on their way to Arizona and have been soaking up the sun:)
Being that Luke is gone, I have embarked on some home projects. Both Josie and Landon had friends over today and I started restoring our bedroom furniture. I recently painted our bedroom so the 90's colored wood didn't really go anymore. I primed it and then am painting it black. After that you sand it and it looks 'rustic'...we will see how it turns out:)
Landon and his friend Chase who came over and entertained him all day. They are in the same class at school and on the same football team.
I bought some home decor that said HOME while at the Golden Gem on Saturday.
Josie and her friend Rowan hiking back up the hill from their fort today.
On to another week!!
No comments:
Post a Comment