When I was outside gardening, all of a sudden I heard what I thought was an airplane falling from the sky! It was the loudest noise that went on for over an hour. I got on the valleyford community page and thankfully saw this. Turns out an airplane wasn't crashing in my backyard, It was just some pipeline work.
The stain on the porch turned out nice.
I tried to stay busy to keep my mind off of things. I went to barre in the morning, came home and took walter for a walk, did some gardening, then went to zumba at the school. It's free at the school on mondays, so I usually try to take advantage of that. Tuesday was the day of my MRI, I was mostly nervous about having an IV. But, I made it through without passing out! I even scored some sweet socks with traction on the bottom, which will be perfect for the condo this winter.
The MRI was about 30 minutes once I crawled into the machine. It's just a breast MRI, so it doesn't scan your whole body. It wasn't too bad. I got the results back on Wednesday afternoon. Good news and kind of bad news....My BRCA gene test came back negative! This was great news. It means I don't carry the gene and won't need to have a double mastectomy and have my ovaries removed. Bad news, my MRI showed something else on the same side as where they found the original area. So it required me to have an ultrasound to investigate. I called the next day to schedule the ultrasound and was able to get in the same day. I only work 2 minutes from where the dr. is, so that has been convenient. After the ultrasound I met with the radiologist. She doesn't have the best 'bedside manner' and told me that we needed to biopsy this second site because it could be an invasive cancer that would require chemo....Those 2 words have sent me into a tail spin of freaking out and googling. So, I went in on friday for an ultrasound guided biopsy. In comparison to the stereotactic biopsy I had before it was not a big deal. Once you are numb, it doesn't really hurt. So now we just wait to hear about the results from that biopsy. They said I would probably hear back by Tuesday....This has been the longest weekend ever.
Friday afternoon we wrapped up the kids ski gear and picked up their ski's and boots. They each have 2 sets of ski's for different race events.
Friday night I stayed on the couch with an ice pack in my bra while Luke took the kids to the school's annual harvest hoe down. The kids won a cake.
She really did improve this season and we were very proud of her.
Josie and her longtime friend Isabel.
Josie has also been doing good in school. We are happy to see she has been doing well in Math too. Mathnasium is working!
Luke's Elk is all tucked away in our freezer.
My friend Jane, who is also my patient, was featured on our Facebook page last week with me:)
Yesterday I think all my stress finally caught up with me and I woke up with a really bad sore throat and felt like crap. We just had a lazy day and I rested. Today I'm not feeling much better, but hoping to kick this thing soon. Landon turns 8 tomorrow and then we have trick or treating on Wednesday. Next weekend I am headed to Suncadia for my annual get together with my friend Jen from hygiene school. Looking forward to catching up and having a much needed spa day!!
No comments:
Post a Comment