Monday, May 13, 2019

Mothers Day Weekend

Friday was maple bars with mom at the kids school. Every year we go and have Maple bars and then the kids make me a gift. Josie is now in middle school so they don't make a gift, but Josie made me a drawing in her art class. Before we left Landon asked me what shoes I was going to wear...He said 'I would wear the Nike's mom'. It was pretty funny that he was concerned with what I was going to wear.
 Landon painted a picture for me and made a card.


 The front of the card had describing words of your mom...Landon had some nice describing words and he also added Bald and Fuzzy...he drew his Zs backwards but he said he was describing my head:)
Friday night we had dinner with some friends and the kids rode their motorcycles through the field.
On Mothers day Josie left me her drawing and a really sweet note.
For some reason I can't get the picture to not post upside down....The note says:
Dear Mom, you are the one that makes me want to get up in the morning. The one that gave life to me. The one who is brave and makes us feel family. PS Hope you like it. Meet me in your bedroom with the cards do not open cards.
The cards were a song she wrote for me and sang to me while I cried:)
The picture she drew me.
Sunday morning we went mountain biking. I have been getting better and have been enjoying it more and more.




 My dad finally got to come home from the rehab place. He is still in a wheel chair but has been able to stand on his own and even take a few steps. Physical therapy will now come to their house in Arizona and help dad do the therapy at home. My mom sent me these pictures of my dad reuniting with the dogs. He is really excited to be home.


I am now 6 weeks post chemo. My hair actually has a bit of a hairline and my eyebrows have started to make a comeback! I have 8 more rounds of radiation.

No comments: