Monday, May 27, 2019

All done with radiation Josie turns 12 and a new condo.

For Josie's 12th birthday she wanted to have a party and a sleep over. She also wanted her bedroom re done. It was still the same as when we built our house and she was 1. So I told her instead of a birthday party we could use the money and redo her bedroom. She agreed and so last weekend we redid her room. I thought that painting would be a good idea, but I didn't realize how many chest muscles it takes to paint....so Luke had to help Josie finish painting. I did some before and after photos. It turned out pretty good.



 Thursday was my last day of radiation! I made it out of radiation without too many side effects. My skin is red but not blistered. It is sore but not too bad. Now I wait for a few weeks and then my oncologist will put me on a hormone blocking pill for 5 years. The reason for that is my cancer was fueled by hormones. So if they block my hormones from being released it stops the fuel from starting another cancer. My office put together a gift basket for me when I got to work.
 My hair is coming in strong. My eyebrows and eyelashes are coming back!
 This was one weeks difference.
 Friday it was pretty stormy. I took this picture from our house. It looked like a tornado was about to touch down.
 Saturday Luke dropped me and Josie off at Silverwood with my friend Melissa and her daughter Halle. Halle's birthday was on Saturday so it was a celebration for both girls. Landon didn't want to go because the water park portion of the park was not open so he went mountain biking at Schweitzer with Luke and a friend.
 Me and Melissa

 we went to a magic show and the girls got their picture taken with the magicians.
 When I was up at the mountain over spring break I was chatting with one of our neighbors. He said they were going to sell their condo and buy a different one. Their condo has 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. It also has a garage and a huge ski locker. Long story short...we sold our 1 bedroom, 1 bath condo and bought his. Our condo sold in less than a week.We got a cash offer so it will close fairly quickly.
The condo we are buying is in the same area, just the building next to us. It is on the 3rd floor.


There is a nice living area.

 It was built in the 80's and never really updated...so there are some nice wood wrapped lights:)
 The ceiling.
 3rd floor view
 our balcony
 There is a full sauna in the downstairs bathroom. I think this is what I am the most excited about.

 Landon has claimed this room. their are 2 bunk beds. He said he is going to sleep in a different bed every night. The condo comes fully furnished so we don't have to worry about moving any furniture right away.
 Josie will probably use this bedroom, it is connected to the bathroom and on the main floor. It will also be our guest room if people come to visit.
 There is an upstairs with a bedroom and bathroom. Luke and I will claim this room.



 The owner is quite the artist and painted a ski racer in the garage.

We close on June 7th and can't wait to 'move in'. Sunday we went through our new condo with the owners and they let us know what they are leaving there and what they are taking. Josie had spent the night with her friend Halle at her house and then spent the day with her and her friend Gracie all day sunday. We met up with them Sunday afternoon to have dinner and roast some s'mores.


 The weather was not that warm, but that didn't stop the kids from paddle boarding and playing in the water.

 We made S'mores in a cone, They were delicious.
 Landon and Gracie.
 We got back to our condo pretty late and all went to bed. This morning we woke up and sat outside our condo one last time before we leave it. The kids slept in until after 9. It was Josie's official B day today but we had celebrated all weekend so we didn't do too much additional partying today.
 Luke and the kids went mountain biking with some friends this morning. The trail is a single track and fairly technical. You can ride from our condo and then it takes you almost all the way down the mountain. I stayed and cleaned up the condo because I am not at that mountain biking skill level yet.



 After they got back we packed up and said good bye to our condo. When we got home Josie got to open her presents.




 She chose Krispy Kreme donuts for her B day dessert.
I still can't believe she is 12. The kids only have 2 weeks and 2 days left of school. Summer is coming fast. I'm so glad to finally be done with my treatments. It's been a long road, but hopefully it will be a distant memory soon!

No comments: