This weekend we did some work around the house and went mountain biking. The weather has been nice so it feels good to be outside.
Landon didn't want to smile for the camera. So we made him laugh by bringing up the name of an old race horse named 'Hoof Hearted'...The kids heard this when we were watching the Kentucky Derby and thought it was super funny when you say it fast it sounds like who farted...
On our ride, there was a really steep hill that I had rode last year. Last year I didn't make it up without stopping so I wanted to try it again. I rode the whole thing without stopping and thought I might pass out, but I did it!
Josie stopped once but rode the whole thing...here she is celebrating.
We were all wiped out at the end of the ride. Josie fell asleep on the way home.
Last week I got a call from my mom that they were rushing my dad to the hospital from the therapy place that he has been because he was having stroke like symptoms. He was confused and couldn't put together a full sentence. After running several tests and evaluating him, they said that he had low blood sodium. It is called Hyponatremia. It causes muscle weakness, confusion and can make you slip into a coma if you don't correct it. Normal blood sodium levels are around 136. My dads at one point were 121! They slowly brought his sodium levels back up and then sent him back to the rehab place on Friday. He is now getting physical therapy and occupational therapy for several hours a day and today he stood on his own for the first time in a couple of weeks! He is making good progress and hopefully can get back to walking soon. He will have to stay at the rehab place until he can learn to get around without help, but hopefully that won't be for very much longer.
No comments:
Post a Comment