Landon going off the ramp
My hair continues to grow! I have been trying to stay up with my eyebrows but I just might need to have them waxed soon.
This weekend we took the boat out for it's maiden voyage. We put it in the water and the engine started to cut out so I quickly drove it back to the dock and waited for Luke to come back from parking the trailer. There was a fuse that had been tripped so we thought the problem was solved...but then the engine started smoking....So Luke discovered that the impeller for the water pump was melted and bad. We happened to have a spare impeller in the boat so Luke repaired it and we thought it was fixed...but then water started spraying everywhere in the engine. There was a hose that was disconnected so Luke re connected it and we were good to go! Me and the kids hung out while luke worked on the boat.
Once we were up and running we headed out onto lake Coeur d'alene. There is the Coeur d'alene river that has small lakes connected to it. We like to go to those lakes because the water is usually warm and it's not very busy. We headed up to a sandy beach so the kids could play.
Our friends Rudy and Carli just got a new boat and they bought a 'lily pad' It is a big blue floating thing that the kids like to play on.
It was 85 degrees and all of a sudden a big thunder storm rolled in out of no where and it started to pour rain.
We packed up and headed west, away from the storm.
We stopped at Harrison, a small marina and town so we could get ice cream.
It turned out to be a great day. We headed out again on Sunday and met up with some friends. The kids wanted to tube on the way to our destination.
We met up with everyone and then headed to the next Lake up which is called Killarney Lake. It has a shallow sandbar that you can pull your boat up on and then hang out on the shallow sand. We all pulled our boats up, set up chairs and let the kids play.
We all came home a little sunburned but had a lot of fun. I can remember back in January when I was feeling so sick and it was snowing outside I would think about days like this and had so much hope that I would soon be able to go boating and enjoy the lake. It felt good. I made it through the winter!
No comments:
Post a Comment