Me and Taylor at work. She is still in her 20's...but I feel like I'm still in my 20s' :)
Joey is doing well. Turns out he was not crate trained so we put him in his kennel one night and he cried the entire night. Luke woke me up at 3am so I could help him. Joey had Pee'd in his kennel so I cleaned Joey while Luke cleaned the kennel. Then at 5am he had pooped in his kennel, so we repeated the whole process again! We sure do love him though, he is growing bigger every day and super mellow. He just lay's around. I am still skeptical of the 'no shedding' thing...but so far I can't even pull hair off of him.
Last friday marked 11 weeks post chemo. My hair continues to grow! It was growing so much I had to have my face waxed! It all came back in at once and I had peach fuzz all over! I have been so excited to be growing hair, I never thought I would want to get rid of it, but it was getting out of control.
My dad is doing really well. He can now walk without a cane and has made a lot of progress in the last few weeks. I hadn't seen my dad since Christmas, which I think is the longest I've ever gone without seeing my dad. My parents live in Wellton which is about 25 minutes east of Yuma. They were having a heat wave and it was 115 a couple of days before I got there. When I arrived it had cooled down to the low 100's. My parents are normally not there in the summers but with all my dad's dr. appointments they have had to stay so they bought a small pool to cool off in.
I had worn my wig on the plane but as soon as I got to their house I took it off! It was way too hot for a wig!
Saturday morning we got up and headed for Mexico. There is a town in Mexico called Los Algodones. It caters to the 'snow birds' and is filled with dental clinics. We walked across the border and did some shopping. In the winter it is very busy and my parents said sometimes the wait is over 2 hours to get back into the states but Saturday there was no wait at all because the 'snow birds' are all back to their summer homes. We shopped around and then stopped for an appetizer and drinks.
This was the border into Mexico.
The streets were lined with dentists.
The vendors are willing to give you some pretty good deals because business is slow in the summers.
They had a T-rex metal sculpture. Landon would have loved to have this in our yard:) When I got home I showed him the picture and he said 'that's a spinosaurus'.. so I guess I was mistaken.
This dentists 'treats me gently'
Lunch!
We left Mexico with some new sunglasses and some wall art for my parents. My parents drove me around to see more of the area. We stopped at Imperial Dunes and watched a guy 'sandboarding' behind a side by side..he was in long pants, a long shirt and goggles...It was over 100 degrees and it looked miserable...but he seemed to be having fun.
I took a video of him
We went to dinner at a local pizza parlor and then went back and relaxed in the back yard. Meanwhile back at home, Josie was mowing the lawn. The kids had a mountain bike clinic on Saturday. It was a skills clinic that taught them some of the basics of mountain biking. Luke didn't take any pictures of it, but the kids had fun and learned a lot.
Joey and the cats have become fast friends:) It's funny because the cats are not a huge fan of Walter:)
Sunday morning my dad took me for a ride in his Can Am. They live pretty close to the military range so we went for a drive so he could show me where they go when it is not in the 100's. You have to have a special pass and call ahead before you ride on the military area. We didn't go on the range, just the outskirts.
There are warning signs alerting you to not trespass.
It got pretty hot so I ditched my hat!
There are a lot of farm fields around them. right now they are growing a lot of melons.
we were riding along and a train came rolling up right next to us!
Sunday afternoon we headed into Yuma and went to an early fathers day dinner at Red Lobster. It was delicious. We stopped by the Home Depot to grab some stuff and I had to laugh because all the plants to buy were cactus!
Sunday night the sunset was really pretty.
Monday morning we went for a walk around the golf course that my parents live on.
Hung out at the pool for a while....
Sunday Luke and the kids went to Buffalo wild wings and played in the sprinkler with the dogs all day.
Monday when I was at my parents there was a huge fire! Turns out it's just routine burning of the fields, in 100 degree windy weather!
I had to leave Monday afternoon to head home. I lucked out and had no one sitting next to me from Yuma to Phoenix!
I was trying to get a picture of my parents house from the air...not sure I was successful.
My flight was delayed leaving Phoenix so I didn't get into Spokane until after 11pm and then I drove home so I got home around 12:30am. Luke had sent me some pics of the kids hanging out over the weekend.
Josie snuggling with Joey:) Joey gets hot pretty easily so he likes to lay on the tile or the hardwoods.
Tuesday night we hung out with Joey outside and enjoyed the nice weather. It almost felt cold coming from the 100's to the 80's!
Joey is the most snugly, Laziest puppy we have ever had.
Josie and me. I hadn't seen her in almost a week because she was at the lake with her friend before I left for Arizona.
Landon has been wearing masks and playing make believe with Jaxs in the evenings.
Landon and Jaxs.
After the kennel incident of pooping and peeing.....Luke gave up on the crate training while I was gone. I found him in the living room the other morning when I left for work. Joey gets hot laying in our bed so Luke laid on the carpet while Joey sleeps on the hardwoods....Luke built a kennel downstairs in the basement to let the dogs hang out in if we are gone during the day.. So I think we will try putting Joey with Walter there at night and see what happens. At least that way Luke could sleep in our bed:)
My office was only open for half days Wednesday and today so I picked up Joey from Luke's work yesterday and brought him home.
Landon is losing more teeth! He has another loose one on the bottom.
Joey Love!
Landon with his mask:)
We signed Joey up for some dog training but it doesn't start until July. He is very lazy, but very motivated by food, so in the mornings you have to carry him out to the grass so he will go potty. But then he just lay's down so you have to bribe him or carry him back into the house.
Walter is slowly warming up to him. They like to play:)
No comments:
Post a Comment