Monday, July 22, 2019

16 weeks post Chemo....

I remember when I finished chemo they said that it would take just as long to get the drugs out of my system as it did to put them in, which was 16 weeks. Well, Last Friday marked the 16 week mark for being done with chemo. I did a picture of when I last finished chemo compared to today. I forgot how awful I looked, and felt! I also had the mole on my forehead removed since then. I don't recognize that person that I was 16 weeks ago. I deleted all the pictures off of my phone from when I started chemo up until it ended. I don't like looking back on these photos because they represent some of my darkest days, but it just might represent the days that saved my life. It depends how you look at it. Now I just live with the fear of it returning. For the most part I keep that thought on the back burner, but this weekend someone mentioned that their Aunt's cancer came back after 12 years and she is doing chemo again. Hearing stories like that freak me out, but I can't live in fear, I have to be at peace with where I am and know that my life and cancer was my own and my story might not be like someone else's.
I had a haircut appointment on friday....but I ended up backing out. I have major anxiety about cutting my hair right now, even just a neck trim. That sounds weird, but I'm kind of attached to my new hair:)

Landon eating his trout that he caught at the lake last week.
 Landon had football camp last week too. It is for the kids at his school. He went last year and loved it. He really loves football.
 Landon with his friends...brothers, Barret and Rebel.
 The kids have been sleeping in until 9 or 10 in the morning.
 I have been taking the kids to the YMCA now that I have a free 'cancer membership'. They love the slide at the pool and I can watch them from the upstairs gym while I work out.




Luke is still working hard on painting our house. Saturday we stayed home. The kids played with friends and Luke and I worked around the house.

 The kids painted rocks.

 Josie's friend painted a turtle.

 We even put Luke and Jaxs to work painting the gutters for the house.

Sunday we headed out to Lake Killarney again. Josie's friend Gabby joined us.
 Landon not wanting to pose for a picture...













 We stopped once again at Harrison and had dinner at One Shot Charlies...a local bar/restaurant and then got ice cream!

 Fishing off the docks.


 Boat Hair, Don't Care:)
The kids are with my parents this week at the Lake. Joey starts his dog training today and Luke continues to paint the house.

No comments: