Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Lightening, Schweitzer, CDA and a trip to the ER...all in one weekend!

Last Tuesday we had a really big lightening storm roll through. I think they said there were over 3000 lightening strikes in the Spokane area within a short amount of time. Trying to get a picture of the lightening was hard, but I took some videos and then tried to screen shot the pics.


I got a video of a big strike right behind our house.
The kids had spent the week with my parents at the Lake so Friday I headed up to go boating with my parents and bring the kids back home. All week I had been having really bad pain in my chest where my expanders are. They are very tight and not comfortable anyway, but I think I had aggravated the muscles in my chest by working out too hard all week. I did several workout classes that were very 'chest intense' and I think it was a bad idea. It started Monday after my Barre class and it felt like I couldn't get enough air in my lungs because my chest was so tight. I thought it was chest congestion, or maybe heartburn...although I've never had heartburn I bought all sorts of over the counter remedy's to try and make me feel better. Nothing seemed to help. By Thursday it was still bothering me and the pain had moved into my Left side up into my arm and neck. By Friday morning I was starting to worry. I was on my way to the Lake when I started having really bad pains in my chest...So, of course I googled my symptoms and Google told me I was having a heart attack....So I then started to panic, which is something I am really good at. I decided to make a detour at the Davenport Hospital. It is a very small rural Hospital. I called my parents to let them know I was making a stop to get checked out and headed in to the Emergency entrance. I told the front desk lady that I was having some chest pain and immediately she got on the PA system saying 'CARDIAC ALLERT!'. She said it over and over again until a bunch of nurses came running out looking for someone having a heart attack. I quietly raised my hand and said...It's me:)  I instantly felt stupid, but they wheeled me back in a wheelchair and did an EKG, started an IV and checked my bloodwork. My BP was 165/105 which is very high for me. Long story short...My heart is fine...Turns out I was just having a major panic attack. I carry some anti anxiety meds with me always and had actually taken one before I got to the hospital, but apparently 1 was not enough:) My mom and Josie showed up and hung out with me while my BP returned to normal....I was discharged and headed up to the lake. My chest still hurt so I took one of my dad's pain pills and the pain went away....So I am laying off the upper body workouts this week and trying to stretch as much as I can. 



 my hair continues to grow...I think it is coming in curly...the back gets very 'poodle like' when it gets wet.
Saturday Josie and I took my parents up to Schweitzer to see the new condo and have some lunch. Landon stayed home to help Luke work on painting the house.

Sunday we met up with one of Luke's co workers who had rented a house on Lake Ceour delane. They live in Montana and were staying for the week. They had paddle boards and kayaks. They had a Tube that the kids thought was way cooler than ours so we took turns pulling the kids on both tubes. Josie's friend Gabby came with us again.


 There were 2 other boys around Landon's age so he had a blast tubing on their 3 person tube with them.
 Landon doing what Landon does on the boat:)
 We had to share our weekend tradition of Ice cream at Harrison...

 Monday I just tried to relax and take it easy. My chest was still a little sore so I didn't go to Barre on Monday. Josie had spent the night with her friend Gabby so Landon and I hung out. He has been into painting rocks and things lately so he worked on some painting projects while I sat in the sun.
This Friday I have a bone density test and then I will meet with my Oncologist on Monday to discuss the results. If my bones are good...then I guess I do nothing different. If my bones are not good then I have to have an infusion of Zometa...It's some sort of bone building infusion. I'm hoping Chemo didn't deteriorate my bones and I can get out of an infusion. I have been lifting weights and taking calcium daily so I am hoping for a good report!

No comments: