Monday, August 12, 2019

More Lake fun....

The past couple of weeks we have been out on the boat and trying to make the most of the warm weather. One day we took the boat to Downtown Coeur d'alane and had lunch.

 When we were at lunch we ran into my friend Katie and her family. Katie and I went to Hygiene school together. Her family has a house on the lake so we took the boat to their dock and hung out for the afternoon.
 Luke is almost done painting the house. He put a new deck railing on our back deck. It looks way nicer and is a lot more sturdy than the old wood one.

 Joey is growing more and more every day.

 I always go through Josie's cell phone to keep an eye on what she is doing. I found this text thread with her and my dad:) My parents have 'cocktail hour' when the kids are visiting and make virgin margaritas for the kids. Josie was making sure my dad was picking up the mix at the store:)
 We hung out at kilarney lake a couple of times.


Landon has been surfing the last 2 weekends. 
Usually Luke has to float in the water to help get him up and then we leave him floating. Landon was able to get up on his own for the first time but didn't make it very far:)


Josie and her friend Gabby fell asleep on the way back in the boat one evening.
 There is a playset in the parking lot where we launch the boat so the kids like to play while we are getting the boat all squared away. The kids have a lot of other friends to play with when we go boating. Our friend snapped a pic before we headed home one day.


 One day we pulled into blue lake right as a float plane was taking off.


 Can you see the pre teen in there?!
 Josie and Gabby...They have become great friends.



 Last week Josie went to our friends property on an island in the middle of the clark fork river. They spent a couple of days playing in the water and camping. She was only home for a day and then left with her friend Gabby to go to the Omak Stampede for 3 days. She went to the rodeo and had a blast with her friend. She was home today and then left for a sleep over birthday party and then will be headed to the lake for the week to hang with my parents. I think we have seen her 3 times in the past 2 weeks!

 Landon with Joey...




 My hair has started to turn curly...I am almost 5 months post chemo! I am having a lot of pain and a hard time breathing with my expanders in. The dr. said that due to the radiation I am probably forming scar tissue around the right side and it is making everything really tight. I'm hoping it starts getting better soon...Not too sure how much longer I can take the discomfort and the uneasy feeling of not being able to get a full breath of air in. I had my bone density test last week but I won't know how my bones are until I meet with my oncologist on the 23rd of August.


No comments: