Monday, August 19, 2019

summer rolls on...

Every year Luke's company chooses a wine to give out to customers. They usually write something on the label of the wine to make it unique. This year Landon got to draw the label....apparently, this is the picture that will be on all the Hudson Bay wine bottles this year.
I met with my plastic surgeon on Thursday to discuss why I am having trouble breathing. I have so many doctors now I don't know who to go to for what anymore, but I was pretty sure the breathing issue had something to do with my chest expanders being so tight. My plastic surgeon confirmed my suspicion and said that because I had radiation I am developing scar tissue around the expander on the right and my whole chest is being constricted. When I am relaxed it is not that bad, but as soon as I get up and get moving it feels like a boa constrictor is wrapping around my chest, even up into my throat and it freaks me out! I am stretching and doing all I can to help it get better. I have an appt with my oncologist on friday to discuss my bone density test so I will mention it to him. My brain tells me that my discomfort is stage 4 cancer returning in my chest. My brain is not my best friend at this point:)
The kids had spent the week at Lake Roosevelt with my parents. I drove up on friday morning to go boating and bring the kids home. We had a great day playing in the water and relaxing on the beach. I grew up doing the same thing on the same lake so I love that our kids get to share the same experience that I did growing up.






Saturday the weather was not quite warm enough to go boating so we took Joey to hike Tubbs hill in Coeur d'alene. He did great. The hike took a while because everyone along the way wanted to stop and pet him.




They have a dog park downtown so we took Joey there to play and get some water after his hike. He was not impressed with playing after his long hike.

We decided to go to lunch on the water. They have a restaurant called the Buoy Bar and we have wanted to eat there for a long time. It was outside so we were able to bring Joey.

Sunday we headed out for Blue Lake again. Josie's friend Gabby Joined us again.
 We were the only people on the whole lake for a while.


 Gabby brought her goggles this trip:)
 Landon doing a pencil dive:)

I am now 20 weeks post chemo!

No comments: