Sunday, August 25, 2019

an infusion and some boat races...

Friday I had my appointment to go over my bone density results. The Dr. said that I have the beginning stages of osteopenia. He said it doesn't have any coorilation with cancer or my treatments because it would have developed over a longer period of time. The hormone blocking pills I have to take for the next 5 years can cause your bone density to lower. So my doc wanted me to have an infusion of Zometa, a bone strengthening drug, 2x a year to make sure my bone density doesn't worsen while on the hormone blocker. They took me back to the same area where I had all my chemo treatments because that is where they do any type of infusion. All the chemo memories came back and I sat in the chair and cried. I had a complete meltdown in the chemo ward (wasn't the first time that happened). I asked the dr. if he could just call it a continuous injection...not an infusion...I hate that word. The nurse offered me some of my old time fave's The ritz crackers with cheese in the middle...I can't ever eat those again, just because they are what I associate my chemo with. I opted for the granola bar instead:) The infusion was quick, maybe 30 minutes long.
 I left and had a massage. Turns out I have 37 free massages through my insurance company until the end of year and I don't even have to make a co pay because I have already maxed out my deductible.
 I've become quite the pro at getting IV's.

 I left and felt fine. I couldn't tell my bones had just been infused with anything. I was able to meet up with my mom for lunch.
Meanwhile..Josie went with her friend out on the boat and was jumping off rocks.
Joey is starting to get big. He likes to lay in Josie's bed.
 He is also very patient.....

Saturday morning I woke up and felt like I had just been infused with chemo. Full body bone pain headache and nausea. I felt like crap. They said 'flu like symptom's' may be a side effect but it was pretty crappy.We planned on going to the sprint boat races so I contemplated not going, but I trudged on.


 Landon loves the boat races.

 Thankfully for me, my parents brought their recliner chairs.

 My old co worker was there too, so I was able to say hi.
 Attempt at a group selfie.


 Landon got a FEAR NOT boat Tee shirt. I think this should be my new Motto....'Fear Not, for surely you will not die'
 He was able to get the driver and navigator of the boat's autographs.



Both kids were wiped out by the end of the day...I too felt the same and went to bed as soon as we got home.

 Today I woke up feeling much the same. I drank a ton of water and started feeling better mid morning. Here is my weekly hair progression pic.
The kids go back to school this wednesday. Can't believe summer is over, but it's also great to know that I'm that much closer to getting boobs that move!

No comments: