In some lights the house looks blue, but in other lights it looks grey.
Joey is growing daily...He has been doing better with having accidents in the house and almost sleeps through the night.
Walter is learning to like his new brother...They are becoming buddies.
My 14 week hair shot.
We headed up to visit my parents for the weekend at Lake Roosevelt. My parents sold their property up there but are staying on some friends property. We took Joey to the beach for the first time. At first he wasn't sure of the water. Luke put him in and he swam to shore.
My dad is doing much better. He is walking without a cane and can do most things. He hadn't seen the kids since Christmas so the kids were really excited to see him.
Joey loved grandpa.
Saturday we took the boat out to a beach and hung out for the day.
Joey slept on the beach most of the day.
My dad was the designated flagger while we took the kids tubing.
I didn't wear my scarf on the boat this time. The benefit of having really short hair is it doesn't get messed up in the wind...much like Josie's!
Trying to get a pic of me with Landon...He was trying to hide.
After we got off the boat we headed back to the property. They have a parade every year and throw candy. We couldn't remember what time the parade started...so we waited for a while out by the road.
The kids got quite a bit of candy.
Sunday we woke up and just hung out.
The kids stayed up at the lake with my parents this week. I have officially broken up with Cameron. Cameron is my wig. She was getting too hot and It was really annoying having to work with her on my head. I am still adjusting to the new look and the new me. It has been really hard to go out in public and not feel confident. I feel like everyone is staring or wondering why I cut my hair so short, but after 2 days of no wig, I'm getting used to it. I went to work today for the first time without my wig and it was so much easier and comfortable to not have to wear it.
Yesterday I went to my first Livestrong meeting. It is a 'perk' of having cancer. It is a 12 week program through the YMCA that is free if you have had cancer. My group has 8 women, all cancer survivors. We meet twice a week for 12 weeks for an hour and a half. The first half hour is 'group time' where we share our stories and discuss 'life'. Then for the next hour we get personal training and get to workout together. I am the youngest of the group, but everyone seems nice and It's great to be able to connect with other people who have gone through the same thing. The girl who I sat next to at the table last night was really nice and I noticed her name was Mary. Turns out she works with a friend of mine and her full name is Mary Johnson. Mari Johnson was my mom's best friend and someone I was really close with. She died of Lung cancer a couple of years ago so It was strange that I met someone with the same name in my cancer group. The program lets Luke and the kids have a free membership to the YMCA for 3 months so the kids are excited to go swimming and play on the rock wall while I am working out.
No comments:
Post a Comment