Last week Luke had mixed weed killer to help kill all the weeds in the grass, but it was actually grass killer....and it worked!...OOPS
So the only thing we could do was to redo the lawn. Luke used the tractor and dug up the entire lawn...
Rudy came and helped for a bit...
We decided if we were going to redo the lawn, we might as well do it right. So we decided to put in an underground sprinkler system. Luke rented a trencher and trenched in lines.
Meanwhile, our realtor had a 'staging' lady come to our house and tell me what to place where...I'm not big on knowing how to decorate but she had a lot of good ideas. Some are more for when they take pictures of the house, but some were kind of cute. I don't really get the 'function' of placing a plant on top of books next to the bed...but, it added some 'flair'.
She placed our couches at an angle in the basement, instead of in a squared angle.
A platter with a candle and remotes on the ottoman...
sign on top of a book...
Throw pillows in the theater room...
She arranged the bar area..There is a hole behind the picture, so I think she was trying to hide that:)
I'm glad Luke knew how to put all of this together....I would have had no clue.
working in the rain.
Joey was a muddy mess
The kids had been up at the lake with my parents all week, so I decided to join them and celebrate my birthday. Wednesday I packed up and went for a visit. Luke's cousin and some friends were able to help him with the Sod, so I felt ok about not being there. Plus, laying sod was probably not the best idea for my hand. We went exploring and hiked down to a cove by my parents property.
Back home, Luke was making great progress on the lawn!
Thursday I turned 42...We woke up to cold rainy weather, but decided to go out on the water and go fishing...
It was cold...but we fished on.
Josie caught 2 Walleye.
The weather cleared and became nice and hot. Josie ended up sunbathing and the kids played in the water while we ate lunch on the beach.
The kids used buckets to rinse out all the sand from their bathing suits:)
Landon got to use the 'flop and stopper' to kill the fish out of the live well that Josie caught....He thought it was more fun to swing it like a baseball bat.
We packed up and came home Thursday evening. Our lawn looked beautiful.
Luke has now cut all the edges so it's round, not jagged. I haven't taken a final picture of it yet. We now wonder why we never did this before!
Today the school had a drive through to say goodbye to the teachers and bring back the lap tops they had borrowed.
Landon's Teacher, Mrs. Jensen gave Landon a bag with pictures from the year and awarded him the Determination award.
The sunset tonight was really pretty...
No comments:
Post a Comment