Last monday my mom called to tell me that my Grandma (my mom's mom) was diagnosed with terminal cancer. She was diagnosed a year ago with a fast growing cancer but went forward with treatment and continued on with her life. Mom said, you should really call her, she doesn't sound too good. So of course I said 'yes I will call her' but as my day went on I said 'I will call her tomorow'. Well, my grandma went downhill very fast and ended up in the hospital. Mom flew down to Lubbock Texas where she lives and grandma was just on morphine and oxygen. Mom said she said my mom's name and knew she was there. Last night she passed away......I never got to say goodbye. I think the guilt is killing me. If I only would have called her on monday like my mom told me too. I know my grandma knew we loved her, but I wish I could have talked to her just one more time. Here is my grandma with Josie when she turned 1. Josie always called her GG (great grandma). She would have been 91 in April.


This was the last time we saw her. The summer of 2008 she moved from Spokane to Lubbock Texas. Im glad that my memories of her are when she was well and healthy. I remember she always enjoyed working at the grocery store handing out samples. She did that up until about 6 months ago! she was notorious for buying me pink pajamas and always thought of the kids. We will miss her.

On a lighter note...Luke was gone during the father daughter dance in february so he promised he would take her on a date. Saturday they went to red robin and to see the Lorax (dr. seuss movie). Josie had a great time with her daddy.

And.....after much deliberation and research I finally ordered my new camera!!! It is a Cannon Rebel T3i. Several people have suggested it and for my beginner skill level and price range, it seemed like a good place to start. It should come within the next week or so!!
Friday I got to have dinner with two old friends from hygiene school. Jen and Katie...I hadn't seen them in over a year. It was nice to catch up and of course we didn't take any pictures, but it was a fun dinner.
1 comment:
I'm sorry to hear about your grandma. I totally relate with the part about calling your grandma. My mom tells me to call mine at low points and I do the exact same thing. Life is so busy and we forget so easily. I'm glad to hear your mom was able to make it down to be with her.
Post a Comment