So, a few weeks ago luke asked me if I would want to go to the moyie springs mud bogs, in Idaho...I thought 'not really' It was over mothers day weekend and all, and not something I would choose to do for mothers day. But what the heck, we had some friends going and I figured if nothing else, I could take some photos. Well, It turns out I had a lot of fun! Our friends courtney and jason and Carli and Rudy all came. We camped among 8000 or so other drunk, crazy, mud bogging campers. The jist of mud bogging is to drive your vehicle through the mud and not get stuck. Well, that doesn't always happen and the crowd of people is pretty fantastic! I took 191 pictures!! here are just a few.
Me and Courtney
For some reason, the 'mud bog' kind of crowd likes to ask women to see there 'titties'...
They had a cyclone fence pretty high up so I had a hard time taking some of the pictures, but here is a jeep going through the mud...he didn't make it.
When you don't make it through the mud, a big Skidder comes and pulls you out, so the thing to do is either, open your door...which is a terrible idea, or stand on the hood or side of your car.
A little mud wrestling...
Luke, Courtney and Jason
Carli, Courtney and Me
Every night they have a huge bonfire and a band...
Me and Luke
Courtney and Jason
Rudy and Carli
This truck was huge and I think every time it went through the mud something broke...
We should have done this with luke's old commuter car in Portland...dang it!
This hearse was called 'MORTIS'...nice
Luke didn't take his jeep anywhere near the mud bog. they had other trails to run. Here is luke's jeep.
This guy was a piece of work....
The Bog
A casualty of the mud bogs
Another mud bog watcher...
Luke's parents came up from portland to watch the kids..it was NOT a kid friendly place:) Thanks Tom and Carol for letting us get away with no kids:)
This morning we went to breakfast for mothers day with jason and courtney on the way home. So what I thought would be a total redneck, crazy dirty event, turned out to be just that....And We had a great time!
Happy Mothers day to my mom! I love you:)
.jpg)












.jpg)
.jpg)

.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment