Sunday, June 17, 2012

Lightning, bike riding and some boat racing

Last week we had a huge Lightning storm from about 10-midnight. I stayed up late trying to figure out how to take pictures of lightning....well, it took me about 2 hours to figure it out and when I finally figured it out, the storm was petering out...here are a few try's with my camera from our back deck...these were taken at about 11:50pm.



Josie had an end of the year party at her school and I was able to attend. I didn't bring my nice camera because I knew they were having a graduation picnic that Friday. I took a picture with my phone and thought 'I will get some good shots at the picnic. Here she is with her Diploma!
 Josie's Teddy Bear Picnic was rescheduled due to a chance of rain...well, it didn't rain and I have fridays off so I was looking forward to going. Wednesday (the rescheduled picnic at 10:30am) luke picked up josie from the babysitter and was on his way to the park when they called and cancelled the picnic! We had heavy rain and lightning all morning/afternoon. Her preschool teacher said they have never not had a picnic.....So she just picked up her 'certificate' and luke took her to McDonald's...Here she is with her certificate. So much for getting good picture's of her 'graduating' at the park:)
 Friday Josie told luke to take off her training wheels, so he did and she just started riding! She has been riding a 'glide bike' they are bikes with no pedals so they teach balance. I think it worked:) We live on a dirt road and have a gravel driveway so we took her to the park so she could ride on pavement. never mind that she is wearing her swimsuit cover up and brown ballet shoes:)
 While at the park, I took some pics of the kiddo's...I've been playing around with different looks and settings on my editing software so that is why almost every picture looks different:)





 Last week I was bored and it was raining, so I took some random pics of the kids around the house.


oh yeah, and josie does the monkey bars all by herself now:)

 Landon's new favorite expression.

 My photographer friend nicole's mom made me a camera strap cover that is padded so it is more comfy:)
 Saturday we went to St. John about an hour south of spokane for the sprint boat races. It is a racetrack in the middle of a field where really fast jet boats compete for fast times. It was a lot of fun. I didn't get any pics of the crashes, but several boats flipped and one caught on fire...here is the course.
 Landon...chillin'



 Turns out it was really hot and sunny...I wasn't expecting that...so Josie made a shade tent with our chairs and a blanket.
 The end of the course is a small round about where the boats have to make a quick 180 while doing about 50-60mph...it was pretty fun to watch.
 They were giving helicopter rides for paying customers...
For fathers day luke built me a small raised bed for my 'small garden' this year. Don't worry, I was nice to my husband as well....I mowed the lawn, cleaned the garage and weed eated the entire 'hay patch ' behind our house. Rudy and carli came down for some prime rib, mashed potato's and salad. Happy Fathers day to my dad. I love you!  Well, that was a lot of random blogging. I put most of the pictures on my photo site under family.....Next weekend is Josie's big dance recital at the opera house downtown....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey what's your photography website? You're getting so good! I love your pictures! My offer still stands to have you come down here and do a family shoot of us before we leave for Utah. :) Your sweet kids are getting so big. ;) I'm glad you guys are doing great!

The Buoy Family said...

Hey Shannon, I sent you an email but not sure if I have the right one:) My site is http://aprilmayjunis.smugmug.com/
I have a link to it at the top of my blog on the Upper Right corner below my main picture.