Monday, June 4, 2012

BBQ/Birthday/Photo Shoot....

Saturday we had a BBQ at our house and Josie invited some of her friends who had missed her real birthday last weekend while we were camping. She really wanted a pinata so here she is posing with her pinata.


I'm not sure why this picture turned out so big, but luke smoked ribs and did some chicken legs. I was practicing with my camera....
 Here is the pinata fest....Josie hit it and the head fell off!

 So...she put it on her head...here she is with Tyler.
 Tyler and Sampson
 Luke was taking some pictures with my camera...her is a lovely picture of myself.
 Luke took this picture...so sweet.
 Josie got a pink and black wig from one of her guests:)....here she is with Emma
 Landon taking a whack at the pinata
 Two weeks ago I met Nicole Connor. She is a friend of a friends and just quit her 'day job' to be a full time photographer. She lives in Wenatchee and was in spokane for the farm chicks show this year, her mom sells stuff there. Anyway, she invited me to join her for a photo shoot for a family here in spokane. I just bought my new lens and so I brought my camera and lenses with me 'just in case'. When we got there, she showed me a bunch of new tricks and I was excited to see that we had the exact same lenses, so I felt good about my lens purchase:) I went to dinner with her after and had a great time learning and talking 'shop'. I have found most photographers ( mainly the ones that went to school for it) are pretty stingy with any camera tips or info. I get it..they paid big bucks for their education, and why would they want to give me it for free? I just keep plugging along and learning every day! Here is the Kingsbury family that we shot on friday.








This afternoon I am doing engagement photo's for our neighbors. I am really nervous and hope I do a great job for them...wish me luck!!

No comments: