Sunday, August 12, 2012

Hiawatha Trail

Saturday Luke took his jeep to a local car show. His jeep won 2nd place! Luke and his friend Jason do some side work on Jeeps and Trucks so they were also working on someone Else's jeep too. Sooo, while he was doing his thing, the kids and I went up to Lake Roosevelt to hang out with the family. It was really hot and we had a lot of fun swimming and enjoying a great day on the lake. Today Luke and I took the kids and our bikes and rode the Hiawatha trail. I did this trail a few years ago with my friend Andrea. It is an old railroad path that they have removed the tracks off of . The trail winds in and out of idaho and montana. It is 15 miles one way and there are a bunch of tunnels and trestles you ride through and over. The first tunnel is 1.6 miles long. The kids did pretty well riding in the bike trailer and it was Luke's first time to Montana! I forgot my camera when I went to the lake on saturday, so here are a few pictures of our bike ride.











 I took this picture last weekend and forgot to post it...
Luke's Grandpa Bill has been in the hospital all week. He is 95. It sounds like he is doing better and will possibly get to go home tomorrow. He is such an awesome grandpa and are glad he is on the mend!

No comments: