Last Friday my parents came over to celebrate Christmas early. We attempted to make a gingerbread house, but it was quite the disaster. It was still fun, and the kids didn't mind that it was a little out of shape.
Saturday we went to see santa and have some fun downtown. I tried to get both the kids to smile and look at the camera...but I was not successful.
We lucked out and only had to wait for about 15 minutes to see santa. The line is usually over an hour wait.
Landon was a little apprehensive but when santa showed him he had candy, he hopped right into his lap.
We then went to the carousel downtown and let the kids ride.
We then headed to the ice rink which is right by the carousel. My dad, me and Josie skated while luke, landon and my mom watched. Here is Landon hanging out.
Ice Skating is a lot harder than it looks but we had a great time. Josie loved it and begged to go back the next day.
We came home, played games, made dinner and opened presents.
Here is my dad cooking the prime rib and carrots.
We were joking about how uncomfortable landon's mattress is. I checked in on him that night and found him sleeping on his pillows with his new cowboy boot slippers and his football.
Christmas eve it was just the 4 of us...Josie and landon made cookies and left carrots for the reindeer.
Josie wrote a note to santa thanking him for her and landon's presents.
Santa brought Landon a new car hauler and Josie a new doll. Josie has been asking for an American girl doll for over a year now. They are about 100 dollars just for the doll so I have been telling her NO. I even told her that American girl dolls were a 'specialty item' and santa didn't make them. So santa brought her a fake American girl doll. When she saw it she said 'Santa got me and American Girl Doll!' Josie can read, so I thought for sure she would read that it said 'journey girl'....but I didn't have the heart to tell her it wasn't real. So all day she was telling people she got an American girl doll. The average person can't tell anyway, so Im just not going to say anything:)
Landon got some new jammies
and a sweet racecar track that luke had to assemble:)
It was Walter's first Christmas....I think he had a good time.
Landon and his new tool set and work bench.
Grandpa Great bought him a shark tent! both the kids are currently sleeping in it for bed tonight.
Josie and' Kelsey' her 'American girl doll'...
We had a bonfire and dinner with our friends Rudy and Carli. Josie and Lila love holding baby Jaxs.
Josie and Lila next to the fire...bringing beers to their daddy's....
I am working tomorrow and then Im off until the new year. Hope everyone had a great Christmas....Merry Christmas...



























1 comment:
Totally adorable! Walter's first Christmas! That photo of Josie and her doll is beautiful. BTW I've heard of the American dolls but I didn't not know they were sooo expensive! Good thinking on the generic doll:)
Post a Comment