Monday, March 24, 2014

More fun at schweitzer...

Last Monday when Luke and I were at Schweitzer, there was a professional photographer taking pics up on the mountain. I was too cheap to pay for the pics, so I just took a screen shot of them off of the website:)....





 Friday afternoons I have been going to a personal trainer. It is just 3 of us and we all bring our kids. Josie is in school, but I bring landon. They have a good time in the gym while we work out. Here are all the kids making our trainer work by pushing them across the gym.
Landon found his sunglasses from last year and loves them so much he wanted to sleep with them.
Friday my parents came over to stay and watch the kids while we went to schweitzer. They took josie to her basketball game, played outside and went rollerskating. I can't seem to download all of the pictures that they took, but they had good time.

Landon fell asleep on the bleachers at josie's game.
 
Our friend Rudy did the 24 hours for Hank ski race. He ended up winning the whole race and did 210 runs in 24 hours. He didn't stop once during the race, other than to sit on the chair lift. He was in a lot of pain and super tired afterwards. Here is a sunrise shot I took.
the very last run, all of the participants skied down the mountain at the same time. this is a picture of all of them coming down the hill.
Here is Rudy after his big win...
Carli and I were able to go skiing together and had a great time.
Saturday night Luke and I stayed in a cool little bungalo at the bottom of the mountian. It was a pretty cool place to stay.
Saturday night there was an awards dinner and party afterwards. Here we all are at the dinner.


Sunday was another beautiful day. Luke and I went up early in the morning and skied until we had to get back home.
Randomly the groomer drove by on top of one of the runs.
The top of the mountian was pretty cool looking down on the fog.
 I downloaded a ski tracker app on my phone. The day before Carli and I were so excited because the tracker said we went 61 mph...but when I showed it to Rudy and Luke they started laughing at us and said....that is Kilometers...not Miles per hour...we were pretty bummed that we really only went 38mph...So after I saw the groomer pass I waited and got behind it and went as fast as I could down the hill to see if I could go faster than 38mph....I made it to 49.5mph...not kilometers:)...Rudy did over 70mph when he was doing his race....which is a bit fast for my taste...but I was proud to show him my new speed record.

Thanks to my parents for watching the kids while we enjoyed a weekend away:). Ski season is quickly coming to a close so we are bummed for that, but looking forward to warmer weather. Josie has one more basketball game on saturday and she starts soccer on thursday:)

No comments: