Monday, April 7, 2014

Schweitzer weekend...again

This past weekend we spent Saturday and Sunday up at Schweitzer. We rented a room up on the mountain that you can ski in and out from so you don't have to worry about driving. The resort had a bunch of fun Activities for the kids and Adults. There was a scavenger hunt throughout the village for the kids with games to play, Pond skimming, a dummy race and lots of other stuff. The kids had a blast and so did we:) 
I tried to get a good picture of the kids by the pool, but it was very bright! so..It was my best shot. I don't bring my nice camera to the mountain because its too big to ski with and carry around, so most of my photo's lately have been from my phone...which takes pretty decent photos.
 We went in the Hot Tub when it was snowing. Josie and Lila went swimming in the pool, but I wasn't that brave.
Josie and Lila.

This is pond Skimming. People ski or snowboard down a hill and try to make it all the way across the water. some do and some don't, but it is pretty entertaining to watch. 
Saturday we watched it from our hotel pool.

 Sunday we had a better view. This kid was wearing a snorkel....he didn't make it.
Here is landon doing one of the fun activities at the resort. Luke and Rudy took 4 kids on the scavenger hunt while carli and I went skiing with our friend Julie.

Luke took this picture of Josie and Lila Skiing...Josie is not smiling, but she loves skiing with lila.


Sunday morning Josie and I were up so early we were able to get on the lifts before most people. The snow was fresh and it was just the 2 of us. Josie has become quite the skiier and it is actually enjoyable to ski with her now. she can ski most runs that Luke and I do so it is fun to take her.


Josie had her Parent teacher conferences last week. Her teacher said she is doing great and has really come out of her shell the past few months. Josie has always been a little shy and timid, so It was nice to hear that she has been participating and sharing more in class. This was on the wall outside of her classroom. Josie LOVES animals and wants to be a zoologist.
 Now we are home and on spring break. The kids and I are headed to ellensburg for a few days to visit my parents, ride horses, motorcycles, and bikes....the kids are pretty excited!

No comments: