Sunday, August 31, 2014

Labor day weekend......

Our week of quiet and kidless fun came to an end on friday...we did miss the kids, but it was nice to have a little 'recharge' last week without them! My parents had a great time with them. They rode bikes, made salsa, swam, did farm chores...including unloading firewood:) They were all tired, including my parents by the end of the week, but it sounds like they all had fun.We hung out at the lake on saturday. The weather was almost like fall, but still a fun day of fishing and hanging out.
Josie had to take me on an 'adventure' like she always does when we are on a beach. She likes to take my nice camera with us and she photographs things along the way that we 'discover'....Here are some of her photos.




She made me pose with the 'bow and arrow' that she found.
she had to pose too.



Walter was cold after he went swimming, so josie wrapped him up in a towel.


We found a fun beach with a cool tree and a private cove of water that the kids and luke played in.


Luke had to jump in:)


The kids were wiped out and both fell asleep on the boat...

Here were some more pics I got off of my phone of our adventure....

Josie is quite the little photographer...Here she was on the boat taking pictures of some turkeys on the beach.
 We came home this morning to get some stuff done around the house and get josie all ready for school on tuesday. I took josie for a run with me when I got home. She rides her bike and I run. It felt good to run outside....the treadmill is getting pretty boring and I only have a few weeks left until the half marathon, so I have to get used to running outside more.

My friend Jane is really into running and has been quite the inspiration for me to start running. She ran a 75k in kenya last year and met some really great people. She worked at one of the schools that helps educate young girls to help get them off of the streets and give them a fighting chance at life. The run raises money to help send these girls to school. This year they did a global 10k. So where ever you were in the world, you run a 10k (a little over 6 miles) and then take a selfie and 'donate your run'...I also donated money, but this was my selfie:)
Josie will start school on tuesday...soccer also starts on tuesday. I leave on Thursday for Austin to visit my friend Andrea for 5 days!! I only get to see her once a year and so I am really looking forward to our visit:)

1 comment:

Maierhof said...

First of all, I love Josie's pictures! Also that is a beautiful place that you visited, I want to go and I love your camera. It takes really good photos! Hope the return to school went great!