Monday, September 15, 2014

catching up!

 Josie started 2nd grade and is enjoying it. Here is her first day of school photo...I had to work on her first day of school so luke took her to school.
 We had never met Josie's teacher, Mrs. Dexter. Josie said that she thought she was a grandma...but when luke sent me this picture of josie and mrs dexter I had to ask josie if she still thought mrs dexter was a grandma:)..she said that she thought she was a different teacher. Mrs. Dexter is definitely not a grandma!
 Josie is small for her grade....but this photo of her with her  friend Emma shows just how small she is!
 I went to Austin to visit my friend Andrea that thursday. I made the mistake of telling andrea that I was training for a half marathon....Our first morning there we went for a run..The temperature was in the 90s with humidity at about 100%..AKA.. It was HOT!! we set out for a 'long' run...all smiles!
 Andrea said there were water stations along the trail, so we didn't bring any water.....
 When we got to the water station I thought I was going to die! It was soooo hot and I was sooo thirsty...Well, the water was all gone! I had andrea take a picture of me trying to get some water out and as she took the photo all the jugs fell on top of me! It was pretty funny.
 After our run, we loaded up the paddlel boards and went Paddleboarding...we did more laying on them than paddeling:)
 Saturday we drove to a remote part of the colorado river and went kayaking.




 Andrea drove the truck to the take out point and then rode her bike back to where we put in...she then rigged her kayak to hold her bike while we floated down the river.

 We went out dancing one night....Here we are all done up!

While out for another run we came upon a huge spider...
 one day we went to chicken shit bingo. You buy a ticket with a number on it and if a chicken 'shit's' on your # then you win 100 bucks...Unfortunately when we were waiting for it to start I got really sick and was spending way too much time in the bathroom....soooo, we had to leave early. I drank a bunch of pepto bismol and layed on the couch for a while and then I was better....I swear my stomach is always getting in the way of my fun....
 After my stomach felt better, we got dressed and went out for a nice dinner. The background in this picture is the lake that andrea lives on. Lake Travis. There is no water in it where she lives due to the drought!
It is Tradition for us to get frozen custard treats....we thought they would be healthier than ice cream but it turns out they are super fattening but oh so yummy....

 Me Paddelboarding

 My flight home ended up getting cancelled due to high winds in denver...I was re routed through seattle and didn't get home until really late monday night. I got to fly on the seahawks decorated plane....even the interior lights were blue. Apparently the pilot is in a commercial with the seahawks for alaska airlines:)

 Saturday we got up bright and early for Josie's soccer game...I am officially a soccer mom. We have a soccer parent wagon....just like everyone else on our team:) Josie is doing better this year in soccer and actually has had a couple of good kicks and almost scored a goal last weekend. She played goalie for half the game this time....
 The soccer coach thought it would be fun for the whole team to go to a womens gonzaga soccer game. So we all went. The kids lost interest about 10 minutes into the game:)....Landon Loves Tristan, one of the brothers on the team:)
 The kids were more excited about 'spike dog' the mascot.

After soccer we headed to the spokane fair. Josie wanted to do mutton Busting again. Last year she won so she wanted to try again. While we were waiting for it to start she was watching a boy get ready to jump off a fun stunt thing. The boy was too scared so he turned around and walked down the stairs....Josie said 'i want to do that'....so she did!....She amazes me with some of the things she decides to do. She is usually pretty timid and not a risk taker, but here she is riding sheep and jumping off high things? It was at least 20 feet off the ground.

 Our traditional face in the board photo....

 Josie was all pumped up to ride the sheep.....here she is waiting in line.

 Behind the Chutes

 She didn't win this year, but we were proud of her for trying:).
After watching his sister do a bunch of fun things Landon decided  he wanted to ride the dragon roller coaster...I have never seen such a look of terror on my childs face! I couldn't get a good photo of landons face, but Im not sure if he was laughing or crying, but it was pretty funny...I think landon likes roller coasters as much as his daddy:)...when he got off he started crying, but tried to cover it up by saying he was sad that it was over....I think he was lying:)
 We have a ping pong table in our basement now. Rudy had one but doesn't have any room in their house for it....the kids love it.

I have one more week before the Half Marathon....I went for a long run on sunday all by myself to try and pace myself and see how I will do...They say when training you dont actually run 13 miles until the day of the race...So I did 9.5....I did alright..I know I will make the cut off for the course but I won't be breaking any speed records:) here is my Strava app snapshot of my run...It breaks down how fast you did each mile and your time and pace. I started to get pretty tired around mile 8...and mile 6 I had to pee, so It was a little slower mile. I wish I would have practice longer runs more often but it's do or die time now!....


No comments: