Monday, March 9, 2015

Skiing....what else do we do?

Last weekend Landon pointed out the fact that he doesn't have ski poles. 'All his friends have ski poles'...so he wanted some. I took him to the ski shop and bought him some for being a good boy...which is few and far between these days...I have never seen a little boy so excited to get a pair of ski poles. He was so happy he carried them around the house all day and even took a nap with them.
Anyone who knows me knows that I LOVE mini eggs! They only come out during easter but I have no self control when they are in my presence. Stephanie at work brought this huge bag to work and I made her hide it from me so I wouldn't eat them all. Apparently her mom paid 10 bucks for this bag! Money well spent;)
Saturday was a beautiful warm spring day on the mountain. The snow is very thin, but it is holding on enough for us to keep skiing. Josie ski's with her team on saturdays and normally I put landon in his ski school all day, but I thought I would save some money and just ski with him myself. Luke snowboards, so he has a hard time getting on and off the lift with landon and helping him ski, so I usually do it. The first few runs were great and we were having a blast....Here is a video of landon skiing down his favorite run, which is my least favorite, but I go anyway. sorry for the shakey video...I need a go pro camera to make my videos more smooth:)
Last week there was a sweet jump at the top of one of the hills that landon kept going over. This week it was gone, so he just skis the 'bumps'.
And, just for my memory sake, here is one more....


After several runs the snow started to get a little soft and heavy. Landon's little legs were getting tired and I think in one run he fell 3 times and did a face plant and what we call a 'yard sale' where he comes out of both ski's and his poles go flying. I was exhausted trying to pick up all the gear and deal with his meltdown in the middle of a run. I have to remember that he is only 4 and can't ski as long as his mind is telling him too. He was mad that I made him stop, but I was worn out from skiing with him. After skiing with him all morning I was reminded why I pay the money for him to ski with someone else!
After lunch, landon hung out with luke in the village and I went skiing with rudy and his friend.
When I got back Landon had sweet talked his daddy into buying him a new ski hat:)
They had a snowboarding tour going on at the mountain. There were booths set up with all sorts of fun stuff. Landon 'won' the raffle for a couch fanny pack cooler...I think it is for holding beer....and Im pretty sure the raffle was rigged because I entered the raffle and then 10 minutes later the guy saw landon and said 'hey little man, you won the raffle'...so I think his cuteness helped him win:)
Another guy in charge of the tour saw landon and gave him stickers, a new baseball hat, free pizza and almost gave him a brand new ski helmet, but they didn't have his size:) Landon was very excited.
Sunday we came home to get some stuff done. Luke had to work on a presentation for work and Josie had a science fair project to work on. Landon did some crafting and made a craft for Emma. Emma is on josie's soccer team and landon loves her:)
Josie had to put together a collection for her science fair. She used her shells from mexico that she had collected in 2012 when we took the kids.

Josie had an orthodontist appointment today. They took impressions of her teeth to make a lower retainer that will widen her lower arch. She was very excited and picked purple with sparkles for her retainer. Landon and I will be playing outside today because it is supposed to be in the 60s! I'm not sure how much longer the mountain will be open. Josie's last race is on April 4th....but we will see if there is any snow left by then....until next week:)

No comments: