Josie and Lila had their 2nd race of the season. This time I was not as nervous as the last race. The weather was beautiful and spirits were high.
All ready!
The race was on a different course this time. There was no 'hut' to have the kids come out of. They just have a timing lever that tracks the start and finish.
Josie did great and has really improved since her last race! The girls do 1 run and then they take a break and then do it again. They combine the 2 times and get an average time and that is how they determine the winner.
Luke was waiting at the bottom of the course for her.
Her instructor was handing out rolos at the bottom of the course:)
I took a video of her from the top of the course...I had to ski with my camera for some of it so it's a little shakey....Luke took one from the bottom.
Josie took a picture of us on our anniversary:)After the race, we got to ski the afternoon with the girls.
On Josie's last race she got 16th out of 17 girls...She is competing against 7 and 8 yr olds who have been skiing since they were 4 and doing this a lot longer than her...which is crazy. I was not expecting her to get a medal...they only give medals to 10th place....She ended up getting 7th place! I was so proud of her. After the race luke was talking to one of the race organizers and he told luke that if there would have only been one run, Josie would have taken 3rd! The times haven't posted on the website yet, so I'm not positive what her times were yet.
Here she is with her medal.. Landon was in ski school all day...I saw his instructor drop him off early from the afternoon ski session. I asked her why and she said 'he is done...he's little and really tired'. Landon was the youngest in his ski class by probably 2 years, so he just has a hard time keeping up on the 'big mountain' with 6 year olds:) When we went to get him out of school he was passed out in the middle of the bean bag room with chaos all around him. He opened his eyes right as I took the picture:)
Sunday Landon skied with all of us. The girls quickly got bored with going at landon's pace, so they went skiing with rudy and carli.. After lunch luke was tired, so he stayed in the lodge, josie and lila spent their time practicing skiing on one ski, and Landon and I spent the afternoon together on the big hill. He did really well and has been hitting jumps and speeding down the mountain.
They are forecasting a few inches of snow today but I don't think it will be enough to improve the mountain that much. Until next weekend.....
2 comments:
Hey happy anniversary you guys! I love the picture of Landon too in the bean bags. I used to love bean bags as a kid. Sounds like Josie had a great season!
Hey happy anniversary you guys! I love the picture of Landon too in the bean bags. I used to love bean bags as a kid. Sounds like Josie had a great season!
Post a Comment