I think the kids are having snow withdrawls. They pulled out the sleds last week and sledded down all the dirt hills around our house.
We decided to sell my Yukon. I have had it for 9 years. I think that is the longest I have ever owned a car. Kind of sad, it's been through a lot with our family. It drove both kids home from the hospital, got me through several huge snow drifts and kept us safe for 9 years! I am excited to not drive something so big though.
Josie started getting sick last weekend. she had a fever and a sore throat. Monday I gave her some motrin and she started feeling better so I took her to school. Not too long after, the school nurse called and said she was pretty sick and had bumps on the back of her throat. I took her to the urgent care and she tested positive for strep throat! Her fever was 103.3 and she was miserable. It only took 24 hours for the antibiotics to work and she was fine. The dr. said to keep her home for 3 days, but we kept her out for 2. she was excited to go back to school.
she was in the dr. office holding on to puppy when she was sick. Josie hasn't been that sick in over 2 years! She had a good stretch of health.
The rain has been falling and the other day landon wanted to go play in the puddles...
Unfortunately he got his boot and his bike stuck in the mud! He was standing at the front door with one muddy sock and one muddy boot!
I bought some ice cream for josie....she was feeling better at this point.
My friend sent me this picture of BULK MINI EGGS!!! They have them at Winco. I can't go there until after easter...I might overdose.
I have wanted a new jeep grand cherokee since they came out. So we got one!! It is a 2015 Grand cherokee overland model. I love all the cool features it has. heated steering wheel, air conditioned and heated seats, back up camera, adaptive cruise control, which is pretty rad...It automatically keeps you a safe distance away from the car in front of you when you are on cruise so you don't have to keep adjusting it. You can sink it with your phone and start your car with your phone and a bunch of other cool stuff. The car is smarter than I am so It took a few days to learn all the features!
Josie took my picture and landon wanted to be in it too:) It is so small I love it!!
When josie went back to school her friend wrote her a very sweet note about how much she missed her when she was gone:)
This weekend I went to visit my parents....Just me. No kids and no husband...It was strange to not have anyone but me in the car and at my parents house. My mom had invited me to do a 5k with her and some friends. It is at a winery in quincy. It overlooks the columbia river and is a trail run. The course was pretty primitive and rocky. I think 90% of the racers walked it. It was a nice day and we had a lot of fun. After the race they have lunch and wine tasting.
A random photo of my leg:)
The trail went through the vineyards...
over pallates
and along the river...
In some spots the trail got pretty narrow
wine tasting...
This is our family friends Les and her mom betty. Betty is 80 and did the race too!
Me, mom, les, brittany, kaylee and betty....there were 2 other ladies that did it with us, not sure where they were when we took this pic.
This was me being artistic:)
Kaylee and I won flowers in a raffle. Kaylee had already left, so her mom picked them up for her.
My mom has the same car as we do. She has the one step up nicer one and has had it for about a year. It was funny to see two jeeps in their carport:) Thanks for a fun weekend mom! love you too dad:)
meanwhile back at home luke was sending me photos of what they were doing....
The kids got to eat at subway, go to toys r us and landon got a haircut!
No comments:
Post a Comment