Monday, January 18, 2016

MLK weekend...

Friday night Josie and Lila had their 'starlight series' race. Josie really likes it. Luke took a video of her on one of her runs but it didn't come out very clear when he sent it to me. It is a little blurry but it shows some of her race.
 Last week Landon said 'mom, I had a dream about it, and I just want to ski with you, not coach cathy'....I swear, this kid won't make up his mind. I was going to make him, but figured pushing a 5 year old to ski race when he just wants to ski with me would be too much. Saturday was really busy because it was a holiday weekend. Landon did awesome and for whatever reason he had a great attitude and was skiing really well.

It was really foggy at the top of the hill and the chair on the lift was frozen solid.
Skiing with Landon requires a hot chocolate break.
Saturday afternoon one of the 'nice girls' on her team invited her to a birthday party.  They had pizza, cupcakes and a pinata underneath the clock tower. 

Saturday night they do a torchlight parade down the hill and a fireworks show.


The kids roasted marshmallows.
 Sunday Josie skied with her team and I skied with Landon, Lila and her cousin Veda. Luke made a couple of runs with us but it was so foggy you could barely see 2 feet in front of you.
 Me, Lila and Veda. Luke took Landon into the lodge for hot chocolate and to watch the seahawks game.


On the way home I asked Josie how her day was with her ski team. She told us that they went down a run called Australia....which is a double black diamond! She said that it was fun skiing moguls through the trees! I don't think I could ski down that run, but Josie said she is going to take me next weekend! Her group also paired up with the U12 girls and they took them down a 'chute' on the front side of the mountain. I am so amazed at how much Josie has progressed and improved in the last year. Her race program has been a great way for her to build her confidence and has taught her how to be an amazing skier. I am very proud of her. Today the kids don't have school so I told them that they could each invite a friend over to play. I was hoping for a sledding party, but our snow is not that great at the house right now. Landon is very excited to have his friend Eli over:) Josie is inviting her friend Isabel.

No comments: