Kim is Josie's mom, so I was able to ski with her as well.
Landon gave the ski racing team a try on Saturday. The frustrating part is that now that he missed christmas camp...which was 5 days of skiing...he is 5 days behind. He did pretty well and kept up for most of the time. When he came in for lunch his coach told me that she might have scared him because she took the group down a black diamond run...that is 'expert' in ski terms....She said he didn't fall and had a good attitude, but thought it might have freaked him out a bit. He said that he wanted to go back out after lunch. I followed his group for a couple of runs after lunch. They took him to the practice race course and he got to do the gates for the first time. It was super foggy but he did pretty good.
Next weekend Josie was invited to a birthday party from one of the girls on her team. Which was nice because there has been some 'mean girls' on her team and one of the mom's let me know that they were being mean to her daughter and Josie. I asked Josie about it and she said that there were some girls who were being mean to her but now that she ski's faster she thinks they might be nicer to her. I think it bothered me more than Josie because when I asked her about it she just said, 'I just ski with the nice girls mommy'. I guess one of the mom's talked to her coach about the 'mean girl' situation and josie said that one of the mean girls was crying yesterday because she denied being mean.....I can't believe the drama and crap already with 8 and 9 year olds. I am proud of Josie for how she handled it. she said she was just going to kill them with kindness;)
No comments:
Post a Comment