Monday, January 16, 2017

These meme's perfectly describe our weather lately. Our road has been closed twice now, but the school just sends us an email to let us know:)


 It's been cold but really pretty. this is our driveway area.

 Tuesday night we had 40mph winds and our driveway and main road blew shut. Luke got the plow stuck in the driveway and had to chain it up. I was late for work. The kids had a 2 hour late start. This was our driveway.

It's been so cold and I had a weak moment, so I let the kids bring the cats in to snuggle in the mud room.

I took a few random pics of how pretty it has been...this is our road. They finally plowed it. 
 This picture doesn't do it justice, but there is a huge snow drift about 5 feet tall in our back yard.
 It has been hard to get the mail because the snow is just as tall as the mailbox where they plowed.
 The other morning after dropping the kids off at the bus I took this pic.

 Josie and lila playing after school.
Friday we took the kids out of school early for friday night races. It was a really nice night. This is the Nastar Course.
 Friday night races are made up of teams of all ages. Landon is the youngest and smallest on his team.
 I took a video of Landon's team skiing to the race course. He is the littlest one:)
Josie is now quite the pro at this course. not sure why it is sideways....just turn your head to the right to watch it:)
This is the little shack that they come out of to do the race course.

Saturday was a beautiful day. Both the kids skied with their teams and so it was a fun adult ski day. I took a lot of scenery pictures because it was so pretty.






 Landon and  Lila at lunch
 Carli and I ended up riding the lift up with Landon and his friend Kal
 Kal and Landon
 Carli and myself.
Saturday Josie's friend and teammate Samantha had a birthday party. Her family has 5 kids and they all ski race. Landon's friend Kal is Samantha's little brother so Landon came too. 
 They have a cool sledding hill at their house, it requires the kids to wear their ski helmets:)



 After the party we headed up to the village for a torchlight parade and fireworks show.


 Landon stayed up way too late. I think he was literally outside skiing, sledding and 'partying' for 12 hours. This face describes the day we had on sunday.
 Landon only ski's with his team on saturdays, so we get to ski with him on sundays. I'm not sure if he was over tired or just being a crabby patty, but he made our lives miserable on sunday. He was whiny and cried most of the morning. He refused to eat breakfast and then got mad at me when I helped him get on the chairlift....apparently he thinks he doesn't need help anymore. We tried skiing with his friend Kal, but Landon was crying and skiing like he had never skied before. We were so frustrated and embarrassed by his behavior. We took him in for lunch and he laid down on a bench and almost fell asleep. He ate some lunch and changed his attitude. We met up with another one of his teammates randomly and her dad talked landon into going up to the very top of the mountain. It is all very steep runs and landon had never been up there before. He did great and listened to the dad who was trying to give landon pointers. we ended on a good note and I took Landon back to the condo. He quickly fell asleep on the bed. I think he was just wiped out.

  Sunday Josie's team was skiing together when her friend Kate caught an edge on her ski while trying to avoid some people snowshoeing on one of the runs?! not sure why there was someone snowshoeing in that area, but she ended up hitting a tree and had to be hauled off by a sled and taken to the medical room. All the girls went to see her and make sure she was ok. I love that josie is the only one not smiling in the picture. she was very worried. Turns out she broke her knee cap and will be out for 4-6 weeks. 
We decided to stay until monday and take some runs in the morning. Landon woke with a better attitude and was a completely different little boy. It was nice to get to ski with  Josie because we never get to ski with her. Lila came and Rudy took Jaxs for a couple runs too. 
 Landon got cold so he went in with luke and rudy and Jaxs for some hot chocolate so I got to take some runs with Lila and Josie. It was another beautiful day.
I took a video of the kids coming down from a run they call the mushroom garden. It is just a bunch of moguls. I usually ski around it and meet them at the bottom.

 Landon had a way better attitude today. We skied most of the morning and then headed for home. I had promised the kids we could go see the movie SING. we had been talking about it all weekend. I looked up the movie times and saw that the movie started at 4:55....So we left the house a little early and I took landon to get a haircut. When he was getting his hair cut I double checked the movie time and suddenly realized that I misread the movie time. So the movie started at 3:45 instead...oops. We totally missed it! So I looked up what time the movie was playing downtown...5:20, perfect, so we headed downtown, parked the car, grabbed a snack at the mall (where the theater is)...while we were on our way to the movie the fire alarm went off and an announcement came over the loudspeakers...It said 'there is an emergency, please evacuate the building until the authorities can confirm the emergency'....So long story short, we had to evacuate the mall and missed the movie. They gave us vouchers for the movie, because I had already bought tickets...The kids were bummed. It turns out the emergency was a broken water pipe and some part of the mall was flooding.
 The view when we evacuated.

Back to the grind.....

No comments: