Landon was front row...smallest on his team.
My toenail is a long way from growing back...so I decided to just paint the skin:)...It has lasted a while and doesn't look as good...but I am over being self conscious about it.
Friday of the 4th of July weekend we headed up to my parents place at Lake Roosevelt..
Walter was 'dog' tired after running back and forth chasing waves all day..He fell asleep on Jill's lap.
Luke and I left the kids with my parents and headed up to our condo at Schweitzer on Sunday. We wanted to paint and spruce it up a bit and do it without having kids. The inside of the condo was pretty bare. It had white walls and some old furniture. We stayed up until midnight painting. Here are some before photo's...
We met the guy who own's the condo above us...He showed us the side of the condo where there are bear claw marks and let us know that a bear climbed the side of our condo a couple of years ago, broke through his half open screen door and hung out in his condo for a while...Apparently it came back later and tried to get in through the guys cat door. He sent the pic into the news and it was somewhat famous. I googled it and sure enough!
this is where the bear climbed up.
Turns out there are quite a bit of bears in the area...There was even a be Bear Aware pamphlet at the village.
Luke has really gotten into mountain biking and Schweitzer has a lot of trails. They are pretty busy in the summers with the mountian bike population. He was able to ride a couple of mornings while I went to the village for coffee:)
Meanwhile...the kids were having fun with my parents.
My parents were going to bring the kids home on wednesday but the kids didn't want to come home. So, they stayed all week.Wednesday night I was sleeping when I thought I had a dream that woke me up. Turns out it was an earthquake that was 5.8. It was centered in montana, but felt for miles away. No damage was done...I thought this was pretty funny.
Friday morning I headed up to the lake to spend the day on the water. It has been in the upper 90s and low 100's here for a while. We found a bunch of Tadpoles,made Tee Pee's, and played in the water.
Landon's hair is turning blonde from being out in the sun so much:)
I brought the kids home with me on Saturday and we picked up luke. There were a few things to finish up on the condo, so we went up and spent the night. Things are starting to be more warm and we added pictures and a new couch and a new tv stand with a gas fireplace built into it.
We have some friends who asked us to rent it this weekend so we wanted to make sure it was rental ready:) Sunday morning we all slept in. Landon was still sleeping and Luke was finishing hanging up a blind, so Josie and I drove up to the village to have some coffee and hang out. I am now terrified I will be eaten by a bear while walking to the village so we drove:) There was a lady attacked by a bear last week not too far from where we stay, so I figured I would play it safe!
Sunday afternoon we drove into Coeur d'Alene so Landon could go to his friends birthday party. Mason was turning 6. He was on Landon's ski team last year and we became friends with his parents and the boys were best buddies.
After the party at the park, we went to their house for a BBQ. Mason's dad built a huge tree house in their back yard in a cherry tree. The kids had a lot of fun.
This week I am working monday-thursday so I was back to work today. My babysitter is out of town this week so my parents took the kids back to the lake today and I will go up friday to get Josie and head to Wenatchee for Camp.
No comments:
Post a Comment