Tuesday, August 14, 2018

boating and Silverwood

This weekend we headed back to blue lake with some friends. We met up and tied our boats up together. One friend brought a lily pad. It's a floating mat that provided tons of fun for all the kids.

 After hanging out at the lake for a while we made our way to Harrison, which has become our traditional ice cream stop on the lake. Landon rode with Josh, his man crush he has had for several years, and a bunch of girls:)
 Harrison has a bunch of docks where you can pull your boat up and hang out. They have a swimming area with a diving board that the kids like to play on. Landon has learned how to do a no handed dive and is getting pretty good at it!

 Josie is getting pretty good at diving too, but she likes to use her arms:)

 Sunday we headed back out to a chain lake farther up from blue lake called Lake Killarney. We took Rudy, Carli Lila and Jaxs and met up with some friends again. Josie and lila were snuggling in the front of the boat.
 The lake has a sand bar in the  middle of it so we beached the boats and let the kids play in the shallow water.

 We then headed up river to a sandy beach and played there for a while.

 Luke floating on a unicorn.

 Carli braiding Josie's hair on the beach:)


We headed back to harrison and had dinner and then went home. Sunday while on the boat Landon mentioned that he got bit by something on his hand. That's all he said and went about his day. Monday morning he woke up and his hand was all swollen. He must have got stung by a bee.
 Landon thought it was pretty cool that his hand was all swollen because he said his hand looked like one of his favorite pokemon characters.


Monday I took the kids to Silverwood and we met up with my friend Jane and her daughter Jayna. The kids school has a reading program where if you read so much during the year you get a free ticket to silverwood. Last year the kids didn't read enough, so we didn't go. This year they made sure to read enough so we went. Silverwood is a theme park and a water park all in one. It produces large amounts of anxiety for me to keep track of both kids around the water and rides. This year Josie was finally old enough to go on all the big rides with Jayna and do the waterpark mostly unsupervised. Landon had been talking about going on the big wooden rollercoasters for a long time and was nervous, but excited to go. First ride of the day we got in line for Tremors, a pretty big roller coaster.
  We were almost at the point where you get on and he saw this sign!

Landon pulled on my hand and said, 'mom, I think I am going to go on this ride next year'....I have to admit, I was not super excited to ride it, so I was a little relieved myself:) Jane and I escorted the girls on the coaster and quickly went out the exit with landon to watch the girls.
The roller coaster goes underground after the first big drop and it takes your picture, Jane and I got in trouble for trying to get a photo of the girls photo so we didn't get the picture, but it was pretty funny. I think Josie had a death grip on Jayna. She loved it and is by far the most roller coaster loving person of our family:) We headed for a rafting ride where we all got soaked and had a few good laughs.
We also did the log ride.
We headed for boulder beach, the water park area of Silverwood. The girls are now old enough to go out on their own and do the water slides. Randomly we ran into Gwen and her dad who are from wenatchee. Josie has been to camp with gwen twice so the girls had a fun time hanging without their moms. Landon was excited to ride more rides, so I went and rode with him.

 Landon was on this swing ride when all of a sudden he yelled 'STOP' in a very panicked voice. I thought maybe he was scared or going to throw up?!....The ride didn't stop and he seemed to calm down. Turns out his seat belt came unbuckled while he was on the ride! I told him that if that ever happens again he needs to yell why he needed the ride to stop.
 We ended the day in the wave pool, the kids would have stayed all night if I let them, but we had to pull the pin and head home. I had more fun than expected. As the kids get a little older I'm not as stressed as I used to be about them dying at a theme park:)
 Jayna, Josie and Gwen.
Back to work this week. It is really smoky from all the fires in washington. This is the 3rd August in a row that the smoke has stuck around enough to block the sun and the hills around us.

No comments: